1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Another interesting one.

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Bullwinkle, May 30, 2011.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

Big leaves that are knarled and curled.The plant that I got this layer off had big leaves (around 20 ins).The green and yellow are all jumbled together.

Attached Files:

2. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Looks like there is a bunch of spaghnum in that container. Was this airlayer made with you "bucket airlayer contraption? :eek: You may want to re-pot that one into the next size larger container. ;)

Your Moose Brother :)

3. Bullwinkle

yes this one was done with rooterpot,will pot up a soon as I pick up some 2g pots.I ran out this weekend.I bought 25 only 2 weeks ago and like magic they are gone.

4. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Michael - I have a stack of three gallon and a few two gallon laying around. If you want to stop by tomorrow and get them and a quick tour of Moose Land, you are welcome to. :)

5. Bullwinkle

Any ideas what this one is??It has hints of Jungle Queen and General Pagett.It is the wavy curled, leaves that has me stumped.It sure looks like it will be an impressive plant in a couple of years.

6. fawnridge

fawnridge Well-Known Member

It appears to be General Pagett, but you're going to need several more leaf generations to be certain.

7. Bullwinkle

I was thinking the same thing originally but the leaves are quite different from any General Pagett I have seen.Time will tell but I airlayered the mother plant myself and the older the leaves get the more wrinkled and curled they become,maybe some kind of genetic variance.Also the colors are not consistent as with the General.Many blotches and random veining.

8. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Mike,

Who knows. I think it looks interesting at this stage. keep us posted as it grows on through the fog, or summer I meant.:)

9. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

What does it look like today? Three solid growth months later, lets see an updated picture Bullwinkle! ;)

10. Bullwinkle

No need for an updated picture .It appears to be a very nice general Pagett.As time has gone by it is showing its parentage.

11. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

With the marbling, it resembles Lieutenant Paget more the Gen Paget.

12. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Mike - perhaps an updated photo is needed after all. :confused:

13. Bullwinkle

That might explain the differences with my General Paget.I will try and post an updated pic but it has not grown too much and looks about the same.

14. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Interesting, General Paget is a good grower? :confused: Perhaps you can post a new picture this weekend. Try and include a close-up of the leaves. ;)

15. Crazy for Crotons

Both are good growers.

16. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Michael, Here is shot of my General Pagett that also has some knarled and curled leaves.

Attached Files:

17. Crazy for Crotons

Mike's plant appears to have rounded front leaf edges. Gen Paget is more pointed.