Another 2 year old

Jerry Shilling

03/12/10
This one was recently named Daisy's Dance. Same parents and seed cluster as the orange & black. Just pinched this one a couple of weeks ago. Three new heads...looking forward to what it does. Photos are from mid July to present.

Attachments

• photo.JPGDD1.jpg
    photo.JPGDD1.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 75
  • photo.JPGDD2.jpg
    photo.JPGDD2.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 86
  • photo.JPGDD3.jpg
    photo.JPGDD3.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 82
  • photo.JPGDD5.jpg
    photo.JPGDD5.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 74
  • photo.JPGDD6.jpg
    photo.JPGDD6.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 71
  • photo.JPGDD7.jpg
    photo.JPGDD7.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 75
Hi Randy - not really. For me it's a function of luck and having the time and space. If anything it would be picking the ones to go with after just 5 to 6 months. If you are not selective you will soon get overwhelmed. I'm thinking only 5% will see 1 year and 2% will make it to 2 years. I bet I will get frustrated with it...lack of space mostly.

Hi Randy - not really. For me it's a function of luck and having the time and space. If anything it would be picking the ones to go with after just 5 to 6 months. If you are not selective you will soon get overwhelmed. I'm thinking only 5% will see 1 year and 2% will make it to 2 years. I bet I will get frustrated with it...lack of space mostly.

Jerry - any time you get frustrated with your seedlings, you can be Ralph Davis and I will assume the role of Richard Krukonis :rolleyes:

Jerry - How about a comprehensive tutorial with lotsa pics on hybridising. Lot of use get seedlings that: a. damp off in warm weather b. do not make it through the first winter c. die due to transplant shock and probably a whole lot more reasons and excuses. Start with pollination right through gathering seed, planting with type of soil mix, moisture, etc. and getting them through the crucial first year (only to chuck a lot of them). Would fmake a geat addition to the Wiki.

Jerry, I have seen lots of beautiful Crotons, but Daisy's Dance is by far the best.

Jerry, most unusual leaf shape. I know what you mean about space. So many of mine I have to let go early and just keep the ones that look like they have the most potential. Keep up the good work. Chris