And Another Litter Mate

Jerry Shilling

03/12/10
Actually I have 5 plants from that particuliar seed cluster. You can really pick up the parents in this one. The three leaf shapes it displays are all found on my S. Disraeli and the color comes from S.Griffen. Pinched this one recently as well. Photos are from mid Oct. to present.

Attachments

• photo.JPGBL1.jpg
    photo.JPGBL1.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 95
  • photo.JPGBL2.jpg
    photo.JPGBL2.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 88
  • photo.JPGBL3.jpg
    photo.JPGBL3.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 91
  • photo.JPGBL4.jpg
    photo.JPGBL4.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 95
  • photo.JPGBL5.jpg
    photo.JPGBL5.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 101
Actually I have 5 plants from that particuliar seed cluster. You can really pick up the parents in this one. The three leaf shapes it displays are all found on my S. Disraeli and the color comes from S.Griffen. Pinched this one recently as well. Photos are from mid Oct. to present.

OMG !!! :eek: - I would love to have a pinch of that Bad Boy !!! :eek:

Jerry - am I mistaken or has your seedling taken on the characteristic of the parent Sybil Griffen's monter leaves ?

Hi Moose - The leaves on this plant average 12 inches, 14 with petiole. Once I get this plant settled in the ground, I believe the leaves will get larger.

Leaf shape is definitely influenced by S.Disraeli and the bulbous nose etc. S. Griffen.

On my Disraeli, the dominant leaf shape is an oak leaf, then a single spur, with the rounded shoulder leaves being the least adbundant. On the hybrid it's just reverse. That plant has only thrown a couple of oak leaves.

If this plant throws an occasional flush with a lot of spotting (red), it's going to be a keeper. Recently pinched it so we'll see what happens.

Attachments

• photo.JPGsd1.jpg
    photo.JPGsd1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 85
  • photo.JPGsd2.jpg
    photo.JPGsd2.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 71
  • photo.JPGsd3.jpg
    photo.JPGsd3.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 91
  • photo.JPGsg2.jpg
    photo.JPGsg2.jpg