And Another Litter Mate

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Jerry Shilling, Jan 4, 2013.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Jerry Shilling

Jerry Shilling Well-Known Member

Actually I have 5 plants from that particuliar seed cluster. You can really pick up the parents in this one. The three leaf shapes it displays are all found on my S. Disraeli and the color comes from S.Griffen. Pinched this one recently as well. Photos are from mid Oct. to present.

Attached Files:

2. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

OMG !!! :eek: - I would love to have a pinch of that Bad Boy !!! :eek:

Jerry - am I mistaken or has your seedling taken on the characteristic of the parent Sybil Griffen's monter leaves ?

3. Jerry Shilling

Jerry Shilling Well-Known Member

Hi Moose - The leaves on this plant average 12 inches, 14 with petiole. Once I get this plant settled in the ground, I believe the leaves will get larger.

Leaf shape is definitely influenced by S.Disraeli and the bulbous nose etc. S. Griffen.

On my Disraeli, the dominant leaf shape is an oak leaf, then a single spur, with the rounded shoulder leaves being the least adbundant. On the hybrid it's just reverse. That plant has only thrown a couple of oak leaves.

If this plant throws an occasional flush with a lot of spotting (red), it's going to be a keeper. Recently pinched it so we'll see what happens.

Attached Files:

4. Rags

Rags Active Member

Interesting mix!

5. AlekLO

AlekLO Member

Wow!beautiful pictures..