Air Layers ?

I agree Phil,I pretty much airlayer year round now with my little rooterpots.I layer the better stuff in the summer but I airlayer my stoplight and the more common stuff during the winter.

Yes, still setting a few. I hate to throw away cuttings, even for some of the common stuff.

Jim and I put on 18 air-layers in the Keys last weekend but we also did some cuttings and some pruning.

I'm up to over 500 now with maybe a couple of hundred more to do. I'm doing more of the rarer ones and not so many common ones. There should be some nice stuff available come October for my sale.

Is it safe to assume some of these air layers will show up at the next auction - I sure hope so! Some of these plants may be "common stuff" to you seasoned collectors, but this newbie will look forward to adding to them to her collection...
And Jeff - how early on Friday are you accepting visitors at your sale in October?

Allan - Check with your Ministry of Agriculture or whoever is in charge of allowing plant material into Trinidad. Once the bureaucrats are happy, shipping by air freight is fairly easy since tons of live flowers are transported by air freight daily.

Survival should be no problem .Even if it takes 2-3 days to get out of customs the plants should be fine.I am sure they will want a Phyto certificate among other things.they might also require a soil drench??

Does anyone know the procedure for shipping plants out of the US?
What are the chances of survival for croton plants shipped say from Miami to Trinidad?

Allan

Need serious help. Can't control myself. :eek:

Count: 68 air layers going ... :rolleyes:

Is there a 12 step recovery program for crotons? :confused:

BOY...and I remember when you couldn't wait until you got your hands on Charles Rutherford, Stoplight, General Paget and Andreanum. 68 air layers? Wow! Well, when you hit 100, we can then ride together for my weekly meetings, SCAA. Severe Croton Addiction Anonymous.