fawnridge

04/07/09
Finally.

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 155
Ricky,

Finally what? No, just kidding. What's some of the crotons that you stuck? Is this a new mist bed you just got up and running? And I see a little more space for more.:rolleyes:

The mistbed is almost 10 years old. I could put more stuff on it, but the chicken wire is about to go and nails won't hold in the wood anymore. I'm gonna build a new one this winter.

From the back: Angel Wing, AFD #2 (pink), Gloriosa (I couldn't throw it away), Glen Roof, Zadroga (McLean), that other nice pink one that no one could ID (Ray - that's for you), and a couple of other ones. I usually have more on the ground below the mistbed (all river rock) but that's filled up with 1 gallon cans with seeds of Jamaican Star Apple - Chrysophyllum cainito and a couple of 3 gallon cans of Ice Cream Bean Tree - Inga edulis.

This batch should be out of the mist in another three weeks now that the freakin' temperature has gone back to normal. I'm giving some thought to hosting another croton get together in the Fall, so I'm growing with that in mind.

Hey Ricky:

I was just wondering, how large of a croton cutting can you expect to develop good roots, using your mist-bed.

Hey Ricky:

I was just wondering, how large of a croton cutting can you expect to develop good roots, using your mist-bed.

90% of the Crotons in my garden came from cuttings started in my mistbed. Add to that the hundreds of Crotons that I've started and given away. Sure, they all started small, but most plants do as well.