A Magnificent Drive-by Shooting

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by ScotTi, Sep 6, 2015.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I pass these Magnificent Crotons almost daily for six years. These Crotons survived the freeze a few years back with only a few of the top leaves dropping. I think they love the full sun location at the shopping center entrance. IMG_1045.JPG IMG_1046.JPG IMG_1047.JPG IMG_1048.JPG

annafl, Kingdavid and kwtimo like this.
  2. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

And here are a few other Crotons shots in the Plaza landscape. IMG_1050.JPG IMG_1053.JPG IMG_1049.JPG

3. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

The landscaper must love Crotons, as I think there must be at least 300 Croton plants in the plaza. Most are Mammey, Petra with the Magnificent used at the main entrance. pizap.com14415504261341.jpg pizap.com14415505207871.jpg pizap.com14415503562441.jpg

annafl and Kingdavid like this.
  4. Native son

Native son Well-Known Member

Thanks, I have history with Magnificent!

5. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Wow, those Magnificent really are magnificent! Thanks for showing us Scott! Mine look awful. They are almost blacked out. I think I'm going to move them to an almost full sun spot and see what happens. The Petras are great too! Thanks!

Kingdavid likes this.
  6. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Anna, My Magnificent(s) look bad and they looked really great when I purchased them. They get 4 hrs mid day sun but I am thinking that may not be enough after watching these over the years.

7. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I was at the H D last week and noticed this Magnificent that stood out from the rest with some orange coloring in the leaves. I will plant this one in full sun. pizap.com14427060333251.jpg

annafl likes this.