1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

A Killer SoCal and Tropical Tree - "Palm-like"

Discussion in 'COMPANION PLANTS - TROPICAL & SUBTROPICAL' started by Dypsisdean, May 27, 2011.

1. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

This tree has become a real favorite of mine. It has matured in a brief time, been an easy grow, hasn't taken over, and is a real eye catcher.

I started a topic on it when I first propgated it from a partially rooted "cutting." HERE

And there is an update from about 2 yrs ago HERE so you can get some idea of the rate of growth.

I hear there is one at the Huntington in SoCal, so it is tolerant of less than tropical conditions.

Attached Files:

2. Peter

Peter Member

Looks great Dean! I've got a few seedlings that should be ready to plant next year. Any sign of flowers?

3. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Peter,

I haven't looked closely. Will they "pop out" at me, or are they hard to spot? What am I looking for? Do you have any idea what time of year they tend to flower?

4. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Looking great Dean! Do a google search and you will find pictures of the flowers.