A Different Cordyline

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
Here is Cordyline Renegade (Tana). C. Renegade is a hybrid of C. australis x C. banksii. I gave this one a test run this year as I was not positive it would like the humid summers here in FL. C. Renegade sailed thru the hot and humid summer this season and has shown no ill effects. Got to love the purple black foliage on this one.
Img_7053.jpg
Img_7054.jpg

Any updates on this plant? Is it still doing well. I'm very interested in growing Australis hybrids in florida, no one else seems to be doing it.

The plant went into decline the following summer and the others at the nursery I purchased it from did the same. I had read they would not make it here in the humid conditions but I wanted to learn firsthand. o_O

The plant went into decline the following summer and the others at the nursery I purchased it from did the same. I had read they would not make it here in the humid conditions but I wanted to learn firsthand. o_O

I still want to try. There's a number of other australis hybrids that could perform differently. Maybe with a much more sandy soil?