1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

A couple IDs please

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by junglegal, Aug 9, 2010.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

I need a couple of IDs please. Picked these up today. One was labeled petra in a 4" pot but it's throwing huge new oak type leaves. The second did not have a label. I'm pretty sure I've had this one before but lost it last winter. I am so bad with these things LOL

Attached Files:

2. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

# 2 is Lillian Stoffregen (very Fishbone-like but smaller, more pointed leaves). Did you get that one from me?

3. junglegal

#2 was bought at Sunscape nursery. I had recorded all the named crotons I had gotten from you and Phil. Lillian Stoffegen is a totally new name for me. Nice looking plant for sure!

4. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

Grows very fast.

5. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

The first one is very young and would be difficult to ID. One of the latest leaves developing looks like it could be an Angel Wing.Only time will tell! :rolleyes:

Mooseland ;)

6. junglegal

Those 4" pots were from angel exotics and on their site, these match nothing but possibly what they call 'Florida' I assume that's some bogus name from them.
    I would have passed on them but the huge new leaf sparked my interest as it obviously was not Petra as labeled. I'll follow-up in a couple years on it