A Big Thank You note

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Pix, Apr 28, 2014.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Pix

Pix Well-Known Member

I asked Scott to take a look at my garden and he showed up with a lot of plants that I couldn’t even dream of finding here. All plants are neatly labeled for outdoors :) His experience is amazing!

Now I am taking pictures “before” Scott and then “after”. I was asked to put my house on our garden tour next year and I said no way after only one year of gardening. Now I think I can manage :)

2. Pix

Pix Well-Known Member

So, speaking of crotons, now I have:
    1. Petra
    2. Petra Yellow
    3. Mammey Red,
    4. Mammey Yellow
    5. Mrs.Iceton
    6. Mrs.Iceton Yellow
    7. AFD 7 (Nervia ?)
    8. AFD 5 (Fantasy ?)
    9. AFD 9 (?)
    10. Stoplight
    11. Batik Red
    12. Freckles
    13. Pinocchio
    14. Stewartii
    15. Eleanor Rooosevelt (Sloppy Painter)
    16. King of Siam
    17. Gold Dust
    18. Gold Dust Punctatun (Pictum)
    19. South Pacific
    20. Paintbrush Yellow
    21. Super Star
    22. Gold Star (Gold Finger)
    23. Sunny Star
    24. Twist and Point
    25. Magnificent
    26. Multicolor
    27. King of Siam
    28. Zanzibar
    29. Irresistible
    30. Lilian Stoffregen
    Plus 3 more yet to indentify: one from the raffle at Phil’s presentation; one oak leaf that Scott gave me to watch in progress; and my original unknown (30 years old) :)
    WOOOW! Soon I will be able to create my own wish list for trading!

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

Wow ,good job,I would not mind having a look at South Pacific.That one is unknown to me

4. Pix

Pix Well-Known Member

Hi Bullwinkle :). Thank you for being interested I my post :). Scott gave it to me :). You can search for his pictures in here:) .
    Supposedly it is happen to be the smaller version of Punctatum. Now they are side-by-side in my garden, so I can see the difference.
    BTW, the pictures are coming:rolleyes:.
    ... I will tell you a bitter truth... With my previous addiction I was killing one digital camera a year by having the waves splashing on it or by dropping it into the ocean :(.
    Now I buy my cameras only with 3-years Walmart warranty:). They just gave me my money back for my :oops:cannon G11 :). Right now I have only Cannon G9 (that I bought without a warranty). It is just taking pictures…with the settings that it got frozen on...

I do not think :rolleyes: I will stay on this forum for a long time... I just come, make a noise, and leave...:( There are so many other things in my life to do!!!:D
    I am just a trouble maker, I am so very sorry but this is my nature :(.
    ...But the people that I can bring will stay...

Dean, please, put more smileys here really soon since I am the one having fun here! Where is my "blush"???:mad:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  5. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Pix is putting a lot of hard work into her landscape and it is looking great. Keep up the good work Pix! I really enjoyed meeting you and Richard and had a great time. Thanks for lunch and tell Richard I said Hi also. Thanks again and I will pull together the other plants I was telling you about.