This thread will be dedicated to tutorials, suggestions and questions for our WIKI.
DISCLAIMER - We Will Be Using Some of Your Photos
We will be attempting to generate some interest in getting the many photos, and a lot of the information we are collecting here, into the Online Croton Reference. If you have any objections to the use of your photos, let us know.
We are assuming that since you already posted them on Palmpedia's Croton Forum, that you have no objection to them being posted on another part of Palmpedia - the Online Croton Reference Encyclopedia as well.
This is something that anyone can help with - a little or a lot. Stay tuned for the beginnings of this project, and consider helping a little if you can. It could be as simple as when you are uploading any photos to the Forum, to also upload some to the wiki - with names. That would help a lot. Wiki photos can be much larger, higher quality, and uploaded 10 at a time.
Direct link to the WIKI
How to Post pictures to the WIKI
1. From the WIKI link, select the "Upload multiple files' hyperlink in the useful links box. Aprox half way down the menu on the left.
2. On your computer, be sure to name your files something that you can remember easily. Example: clipper_junglegal.jpg
You can upload 10 pictures at one time & it's a fast process.
3. Once your picture is uploaded, find the name page of the croton you want to post a pic for. You can either search it's name using the search feature on the left or use the master name list to find it.
4. click the edit tab at the top of the page. If there is not another existing picture to copy code from, you will use this
[[Image:insert_your_filename_here.jpg|thumb|450px|Picture taken by insert forum members name]]
Note** If your file contains capital letters or underscores, you must type in your file name using them or your picture will not show.
Hit preview to make sure your picture shows on the page. If it does hit save and you're done! Give it a shot, I'm available with any questions you may have.
Removing the asterisk from a page title once a picture is added
1. click move tab
2. remove the asterisk from the name in the 'to new title' box
3. click the move page button
How to add a new page if the name does not yet exist in our WIKI
1. Input the name in CAPS into the seach box on the left & hit enter
2. If the name does not exist, it will ask you if you want to add the page, click the hyperlink to create this page
3. Blank page in edit mode will come up with your title
4. You will need to add code for both the master name list so they show up on the master pages so people will see them. Here is the code to copy/paste.
[[Category:MASTER NAME LIST]]
and here are codes to copy/paste depending on the plant.
[[Category:VERY NARROW LEAF]]
This is a tutorial in progress....if you have any questions. PM me and I will walk you through it.