Three Cheers for Palmpedia Member "Edric"

Dypsisdean

Administrator
Staff member
28/09/07
There is a Palmpedia member that needs to be given some special accolades. Ed (edric) has taken it on himself to start at the 'A's in the Palm Encyclopedia, and one by one he has been flipping through the species and adding descriptions to the palms that didn't already have any.

I start pages for specific species when I have some photos to place on a page. Therefore, many species do not have descriptions. The idea is that anyone can edit these pages and add descriptions, photos, or even add to the descriptions. Eventually with everyone's help, we could have an unparalleled palm reference with Hi-Def photos.

Ed has been working for about two months now and is about halfway through the 'C's. It is a lot of work, and Palmpedia really appreciates his efforts.

THANKS ED

Ive notcied many have been updated by Ed! nice work! I hope to help contribute as well!

Gee guys, I'm so embarassed, I spend so much time on the Palmtalk forum, that I've never even looked to see what was discussed here, I guess I've always just considered this a palm encyclopedia, but I'm slowly finding out it is more, I started at the beginning of the categories list again middle of this past June 2012, and for those of you who are just returning to Palmpedia, or are new visitors, there's a great deal of info, as well as habitat photos to be viewed in every genera, I'll be starting on Dypsis before August rolls around, so hold on to your chair, anyhow, "It's never too late to say thanks", belated, but thanks guys, Ed

Ooooo, the Dypsis genus is getting a thorough update! :eek:

Hi Ron, yes but I'm not jumping ahead, my new motto, "No stone unturned", and I'll be depending on all you guys on Palmtalk to help me out, I'm going to be posting a few questions, and will be needing everyones help answering them, Ed

Hi Ron, yes but I'm not jumping ahead, my new motto, "No stone unturned", and I'll be depending on all you guys on Palmtalk to help me out, I'm going to be posting a few questions, and will be needing everyones help answering them, Ed

Ed - seen many of your posts on Palm Talk. I admire all the incredible work you have done in the Palm Encylopedia here at Palmpedia. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Ron :)

Ed - seen many of your posts on Palm Talk. I admire all the incredible work you have done in the Palm Encylopedia here at Palmpedia. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Ron :)

Well, I'm just now checking the forum section, I really should pry myself away from that encyclopedia for just a moment every now and then at least, thank you so much Ron. I started programing yesterday morning at 4:00 AM, I usually don't start until 5:00, I've got this horrible fear that I'll die, and my work will be unfinished, Ed

Dear Ed,
you are doing a commendable work here in this forum.All praises to you.Keep up the good work.

Lots of love to you,
kris.

Thank you so much Kris, hope everything is going well over there, I sure hope you're out of the way of that category 5 cyclone, Ed

Kris has been admitted to the wiki and is trying to figure out how to load photos, etc.

Thanks Dean, hey Kris, I noticed you've uploaded a image file (photo). To add a photo to the specie page, first right before you select upload file, click on edit at the top of the specie page, that you wish to submit it to, then find a spot for it, with the other photo files, and then copy and paste the file name (Medemia Argun Palm 001.jpg ect.) to that spot, and just make sure it has, image: in front of it, then put a | 'stove pipe' (found above the enter key) at the end of the file name (after .jpg ect.), and then type the information you wish to add to that photo (location, tree name, your name ect.) after the 'stove pipe', then click on save page, see the example where I have entered the photo you've uploaded to Medemia argun, by clicking on edit, Ed

P.S. remove ay spaces from the file name first, with the use of your back space key, this is not imperative, but complications often arise if this is not preformed, I do it with the file on my desk top, just double click on the file name, and then make the changes with the back space key (after you un-highlight it) you'll see, just give it a try, any questions just let me know, Ed