Spring croton tour

Bullwinkle

Esteemed Member
17/11/10
Hello all,I spoke with Mike Harris yesterday and he has graciously offered his wonderful garden up for our spring garden tour and auction :) We have come up with a date of Saturday Mar 30 but that day can be amended based on conflicts etc.The Fairchild Ramble is April 13 so I think that day is certainly not a good one.
Other details to follow such as times,other gardens to be included etc.

We had great weather and a wonderful crowd last year.
Hope to see everyone again

Attachments

• BB7599C0-BD78-407E-9033-851E3FC0A358.jpeg
    BB7599C0-BD78-407E-9033-851E3FC0A358.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 285
March 23 doesn't work for me, but the others do. Can't wait!

Both Fairchild Ramble & Palm Beach’s Mounts Sale both on 13/14 of April...so April 6 or 27 might work.
Later may be better as we have yet to see what Ol Man Winter has in store for us...recovery time may be needed

The end of March and April 6th is good for me. And while were on the subject, I have mentioned to a few people already that I would like to host a Croton/Palm Society tour this fall sometime. No dates yet, but possibly in early November. We can talk more as time goes on.

Glad you’re good for April 6...hopefully we can put your auctioneering skills to good use.

A daytime visit to your garden is due...I’m sure all appreciate the invite. Always a jaw-dropping display of colors & shapes in the best palm garden around.

Thank you Mike, you and your garden are quite well known in south Florida as well. I just had a great idea, if you don't mind maybe we can get Ryan to put together a flyer promoting this garden tour (as long as we have a date established) and I'll have them sitting on a table in the croton section at my upcoming Extravaganza Sale. The sale is the first weekend of March so the timing would be perfect. A good way to get some new faces interested. What do you think?

Jeff

another Flyer... just what I needed.

What should it say besides...

"Croton Meeting & Garden Tour"
"April 6th, 2019"
"Free Booze"

Should have something like Croton Fans, or Croton Group, as there is no society. It would need a contact, as I don't think a blanket address should be put on there, unless people want that.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan,flyer should read.

Croton Meeting, Auction & Garden Tour
Saturday April 6th, 2019
Cooper City Florida
Please email colorfulcrotons@gmail.com for more info

"April 6th, 2019"
"Free Booze"

Should have something like Croton Fans, or Croton Group, as there is no society. It would need a contact, as I don't think a blanket address should be put on there, unless people want that.

Ryan

"April 6th, 2019"
"Free Booze"

Ryan
Free Booze? Beer, wine or Sangria?

Hope your air layers will be ready for April 6th.
Our mild winter has the crotons, palms and bobs lookin good.
Crew staring to tidy up the garden for our Croton party.
Will be great to see you all again.

Around 50 flyers for the garden tour, Croton meeting went out during the first weekend of the 'Ganza. Some seemed interested in it, while others were grabbing one of each flyer, list, brochure, etc. that was on display. I have some ready for the second Friday, and can print more if needed.

Ryan

Thanks
I was there early and was pleased to hear Jeff say he had a good turnout and thanks to all for coming.

I did a few airlayers in Nov that are ready now.I took a chance thinking we would have a warm winter and it worked out.It is amazing how mild the winters have become down here.I had only one night in the 40's all winter.I will have some good ones ready.I will post some pics soon.

I had a very good talk with a couple at the sale that was up from the upper Keys that really showed interest in attending. I think we will have a good crowd.

What's the croton limited one can bring for the auction?

We have been allowing up to 7 crotons each for the auction.I will not have 7 good ones maybe 5??
But whoever has more than that can just sell them ,there is usually a for sale section.

Thanks Mike. I thought it was 7 but wanted to make sure. Ryan and I really pushed this with my customers during the recent sale. I'm sure Judy, Ray and Tim did as well. I just wish there was some input on what food is coming or needed, plates, napkins, forks, cups, etc. Don't forget to bring a chair?

I have a client who specifically asked me for an Arrowhead and a yellow Iceton, neither of which I have in my inventory. If anybody could bring one, I would appreciate it (so would my client)!