Where are the photos?

annafl

Esteemed Member
This is a great time of year for croton colors. Please post some of your favorite crotons and those that are presently showing off! Please? I will have to get out there with my camera too, but promise I will share a few.

OK, Anna - here's a few random shots taken 12/4.
First is a nice Corot.
Next two are what's left of Lillian Stoffringen; never bounced back from big air layer; white on green background.
Fourth is a colorful Thomas Edison; lots more pink than usual.
Last is Willie/Reliance for some fall foliage color.
Low sun this time of year was not conducive to good pictures.
DSCN7201.JPG DSCN7202.JPG DSCN7203.JPG DSCN7205.JPG DSCN7206.JPG

...and a few more that somehow did not load on first try. First is a 'Sybil Griffin' bought from Jeff. Leaves do not resemble the one I got from John Bender or the Glocks. Second is a Baron LeCompte that has managed to stay scale free for two months in a row!
DSCN7198.JPG
DSCN7200.JPG

Wow, Phil, that Reliance/Willy is gorgeous! So much color in that clone. Thanks again for the one you gave me. It was just planted a week or so ago in a prime spot in my garden. I hope it will turn out as gorgeous as yours! The Corot and the Thomas Edison are so much more pink than usual! Really pretty. You know I'm partial to pink foliage. Thanks so much for posting. I hope this is just a start for the group. And a great start!

From the left: Mrs. Iceton, Miami with Eleanor Roosevelt underneath, Yellow Bird:

PC050001.JPG

Yellow Bird:

PC050002.JPG

Bravo, mostly pink it gets very little sun:

PC050004.JPG

Super Petra, a gift from David McLean that he gave me in a 1-gallon can. He could never get it to grow. I guess you just have to pee on them once and while:

PC050006.JPG

Edwin T Meredith:

PC050008.JPG

FDR:

PC050009.JPG

Van Buren. Everything you see has one common trunk:

PC050010.JPG

Ricky, your garden looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in the spring. Your crotons look so full and healthy. Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them. The Edwin T. Meridith and Super Petra are stunners (as are all of them, really)! Do you have the former in shade? My ETM is in a lot of sun and looks unhappy.

Marie, that yellow quill is lovely! Thanks!

Lamar, your garden is looking gorgeous! You and Ricky should start a thread in Crotons in the landscape! I see that weird leaf plant that I now have and love, and that Green and Gold is stunning! Your John Bender is sweet too. Mine has something and has dropped 80% of its leaves and continues to do so. Wish I could figure out how to help it. Well, that's another post.

I noticed it- I asked someone about it , they told me it was Johannis. I told them I have never seen a Johannis look that good. Great plant!

Boca Pink

IMG_1499.JPG

Unknown - 3 pictures. Notice the shoulder, usually just on one side. Brilliant orange color.

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

Blotched Edwin T Meredith - in much less sun than the other plant.

IMG_1503.JPG

Another Unknown. Nice pink color. This one gets very little sun.

IMG_1505.JPG

Yes that is a possibility also. This is by far the most colorful part of the plant. I will check back later

Lamar just found the photo you were talking about. I noticed the similarity to Rose Charmer but definitely looks like Voncilla now that I know what to look up. I don't think I have been keeping up with this thread, because some great photos here. Lamar it is amazing how perfectly you have packed the crotons together so they still have enough room, but it is just solid crotons. Anna love to see more pictures of your landscape. I wish now I had gone back through everything and written down all the plants that I wanted to try to track down, so I remember all of the names. I think I need about 40 more plants to get to 200 named cultivars and when I was heading down to the 2015 auction I don't think I was even at 100 yet. I love having a variety of plants, but have been weeding out plants that don't thrill me and replacing them with crotons.

Thanks Karl, I have been gathering for years. Our property is very small and totally packed. 500 plus My parents collected and lived West of V. B. Country Club back in the 50's/60's . If you ever get south call I'm sure we can send you home with something. Your pics are great I agree with the others, open your door we will come. Merry Christmas

Thanks Karl, I have been gathering for years. Our property is very small and totally packed. 500 plus My parents collected and lived West of V. B. Country Club back in the 50's/60's . If you ever get south call I'm sure we can send you home with something. Your pics are great I agree with the others, open your door we will come. Merry Christmas
Lamar, Would love to come visit sometime. I can't remember how far south you are, but I am sure I can find a time to see your garden and maybe bring home a few new crotons. I get inspired by every new croton garden I see. Have a wonderful Christmas.