Jackpot

kwtimo

22/05/10
Thought I would post pics of Jeff's Jackpot, as it was looking quite good the other morning.
20151206_112046.jpg
20151206_112102.jpg
20151206_112117.jpg

WOW!!! What a BEAUTIFUL plant !!! And some wonderful photos Tim. ...I understand it came from Halgrims yard . Would it be a hybrid he cultivated, or possibly a natural seedling that grew volunteer among his landscape?
When did Jeff obtain thi beauty? It's a beautiful specimen.

WOW!!! What a BEAUTIFUL plant !!! And some wonderful photos Tim. ...I understand it came from Halgrims yard . Would it be a hybrid he cultivated, or possibly a natural seedling that grew volunteer among his landscape?
When did Jeff obtain thi beauty? It's a beautiful specimen.
These are all very good questions Mark, and ones I don't have the answers to. Mr. Searle???

Unfortunately, I can't really answer some of the above questions. The only info I can share is that Bob Alonzo met me at the Edison Home many, many years ago in Fort Myers where I was able to take some cuttings and make a donation. From there, we drove over to Bob Halgrim's house. After a quick introduction to Bob ( 99 years old at the time ) we walked around the property where I got more cuttings. After giving it much thought now, I can't remember where the croton mentioned above, came from. Either the Edison House or Bob Halgrim's house.

Thank you all for further information, I really enjoy the history annd provenance of various rare, beatiful crotons.
Being still a novice, after five years of collecting, now that I have developed a sharper eye for patterns and colors
I realize a lot of the specimens I propagated from PEGGY MILLS GARDENS were old estabished varieties from the past. It was my first job here in key west. She had struggled with caner and passed in Sept 1979 just before I arrived in november of 1979. I worked there 79 thru 92. (Just a heavensent job for a frisky hoticurist) Often wished I had taken more pictures, they would have beenmore reliable than my mind. LOL

Unfortunately, I can't really answer some of the above questions. The only info I can share is that Bob Alonzo met me at the Edison Home many, many years ago in Fort Myers where I was able to take some cuttings and make a donation. From there, we drove over to Bob Halgrim's house. After a quick introduction to Bob ( 99 years old at the time ) we walked around the property where I got more cuttings. After giving it much thought now, I can't remember where the croton mentioned above, came from. Either the Edison House or Bob Halgrim's house.

I was under the impression that no "later" Croton introductions were added at the Edison Estate.