Rare bismarkia

Kipjanet

18/11/10
This Bismarkia Palm is growing just around the corner from my house
image.jpg

Hey Kip, I'm pretty certain that is a Latania and not a Bismarkia. It is, however, a very cool looking multiple headed palm. Thanks for posting the pic.

Hey Kip, I'm pretty certain that is a Latania and not a Bismarkia. It is, however, a very cool looking multiple headed palm. Thanks for posting the pic.
Three doors down the street is the second largest Bismarkia I have ever seen. The largest was almost as large as a Corypha and my neighbor had it removed it is kinda funny the great size differences of Bismarkia in the springs area when you look at this dwarf. Note look at the mail box in the picture

Latania's are very rare up this way, so I am not a expert on the appearance of them. However the leaf stem color looks to be a giveaway to my eyes that it is not Bismarkia. Very cool looking palm!

On one level- magnificent palm. One of its kind. On another? its like the internet brain tease- how many palms in this picture?-lol.