Howea acheiving a goal.

Stan

17/04/14
When I planted this one in 1992,I pictured it one day towering over my home. A quarter century later,its clearing the roof line. Last year my pruning resulted in a big heavy Podocarpus branch falling dead center on the prized palm. I was sure i could swing that branch to the right...

Anyways,its why I'm not thinking about what's in another quarter century.Or planting slow growing palms with the idea they will be something in just a few years. Reality bites.

But today I pruned away some small branches and turned around and saw this sight for the first time from my back fence.
Thanks for looking .It was a long wait.
IMG_2199.jpg

I know the feeling. I used to think fishing took the upmost in patience. I then I thought it was raising a kid. But waiting for the plan your imagination sees when you plant a palm has to take the cake. Looks great Stan. Howeas are what got me started.

Dean,the old saw the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago becomes the best time to plant a palm is 30 years ago.
M,That's Cyathea medullaris-- the green form. Its a really big fern. Like another palm.

Thanks Jim,I'm going to one day make it to a meeting at your place. Although I don't have anything rare. Mostly just old!