What is this palm?

Scott, I've just started seeing the light at the end of the tunnel :(... I thought I would have a break until Phil shows up with his presentation…and his goodies;)

…but yes, I can give it a home, thank you:)
Pix it is only one :digger2 for this one if you have a idea of the placement it should take about 10 min. When is the presentation?

Scott, if your Mule palm is still homeless, I’ve got an idea and even a hole for it :). I removed two more stumps.
It will be in the heat all day in summer and in open northern spot in winter. I believe I need this Palm. Thanks, Pix.

Scott, if your Mule palm is still homeless, I’ve got an idea and even a hole for it :). I removed two more stumps.
It will be in the heat all day in summer and in open northern spot in winter. I believe I need this Palm. Thanks, Pix.
I know it will have a good home with you Pix.

Hi, palmdude, nice to meet you:).
Yes, Scott is really very nice :).
........... I got a message of your reply to this thread.
........... I am stil hoping that the palm I am growing are not what they said it is...
How about Chamaedorea radicalis??

Did the Muley ever make it to Pix's yard? If so where are the pictures?

Scott - if your Muley is still homeless, I'd like to have it to make sure it gets adopted by a palm lover.

Moose, That one is not homeless any longer, as it is happy living with Pix. I will put your name on this one.
pizap.com14281796977881.jpg

Moose, That one is not homeless any longer, as it is happy living with Pix. I will put your name on this one.View attachment 31254

Thanks Scott. I want to be upfront and let you know my intentions are to re-gift it to a friend with a Zone 9a garden. He does not have many feather frond palms. Just letting you know in case you would like to reconsider - Just not much more room here for additional palms.

Ron :)

Thank you, Dean :) It is on the north-west corner of my corner lot protecting me from everything: deadly Nord-West, afternoon sun, road noise, viewers...you name it. But it will probably take me 10 years to get protected??:D ...and also 10 years to identify the palm in question :D...and I never stayed in one place for 10 years :D
IMG_1078.JPG

hi , can anybody tell me some information about these alms on photo

Attachments

• 11863254_595112980630843_3719848705048093967_n.jpg
    11863254_595112980630843_3719848705048093967_n.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 11216241_594699077338900_7411982965109288799_n.jpg
    11216241_594699077338900_7411982965109288799_n.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 198
hi , can anybody tell me some information about these alms on photo
The first photo of the 2 behind the wall look to be Hyophorbe verschaffeltii (common name: Spindle palm). In the second photo the palms in the foreground look to be Wodyetia bifurcate ( common name: Foxtail palm). The two palms in back are Phoenix palms, maybe Phoenix dactylifera or hybrids of.

The first photo of the 2 behind the wall look to be Hyophorbe verschaffeltii (common name: Spindle palm). In the second photo the palms in the foreground look to be Wodyetia bifurcate ( common name: Foxtail palm). The two palms in back are Phoenix palms, maybe Phoenix dactylifera or hybrids of.[/QUOTE

thank you Scotti

Samet,
Scott has correctly identified your palms.

Palms are very dependent on what climate they are being grown in. If you tell us where you live, we can better advise you as to what palms are available to you. Whereever that is, you will be very surprised at the variety that is available.

If you are located where your photos were taken, then you live in a warm or even tropical area. And there are literally over a thousand palms you could grow. You may wish to check out the possibilities here www.palmpedia.net/wiki

Samet,
Scott has correctly identified your palms.

Palms are very dependent on what climate they are being grown in. If you tell us where you live, we can better advise you as to what palms are available to you. Whereever that is, you will be very surprised at the variety that is available.

If you are located where your photos were taken, then you live in a warm or even tropical area. And there are literally over a thousand palms you could grow. You may wish to check out the possibilities here www.palmpedia.net/wiki

hi , i live in europe in serbia , here at the winter is -20 at the summer goes 40 c

hi , i live in europe in serbia , here at the winter is -20 at the summer goes 40 c
Then you may find this site of particular interest. It specializes in identifying palms that will grow outside of the tropics in Mediterranean and other marginal climates. Most of what is successfully growing in California will be possibilties for where you are. Of course there are many microclimates in both countries, but you can gain a lot of information here. PALMS FOR CALIFORNIA