Pink

Nice crotons, Scott. The Caribbean Star is a really pretty color.

Hey, Ron, where did you get your historical tidbits? Is this from the info sheets you sent Tim for The Audubon House? If so, I'd love to have a copy of that. Please?

Alright, a few more pinks after a nice, gentle 10 minute rain this early morning. A number of crotons in my yard that are supposed to be pink are not there yet. I will have to post them in a month or two when the yellows turn. I'd love to see more pink crotons from everyone!

Ana - the historical tidbits are from a presentation I made to the Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society. The info was collaborated from various sources.

Lamar - The words are mine. The photos in posts #2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 were also part of the presentation. The plants are also mine.

This should appease the literary police - although this is not copyrighted material. :oops:

Ana - Here is the little Nervia you gave me - looking pretty darn pink in my opinion. :rolleyes:

Nervia.JPG

Ron, I'd love to have your presentation if you have it written!

Ron, the little one looks just like her mom. It is slow enough, though. She'll be a bit faster in the ground. Mine is growing really well this year. I really like this croton. She always looks good.

Nice crotons, Scott. The Caribbean Star is a really pretty color.

Hey, Ron, where did you get your historical tidbits? Is this from the info sheets you sent Tim for The Audubon House? If so, I'd love to have a copy of that. Please?
Hey Anna, I found a copy of a paper by William A. Geiger collaboration from Christian, Van der Lean, and Peacock. I got it from Mr. Bender back in the day, I have others just can't put my hand on them, you are welcome to this one. There has been a lot written and the early society founders did bring it to light. Talk to Ray and Perry, hope to see you soon.

Wow, wow, wow, Randy. That John Criswick is gorgeous, as is your Gen. Mac Arthur! Is the first one Cutler's Gulfstream? I'm used to seeing it more red. And what's the one below your perfect Wilma? That's a whole lot of pink!

I'm not sure about the first or the third one. The first was a from a small cutting & the third came from from one of our meetings from a few years ago. Anyone recognize it?

I love pink crotons. They are so unusual! I wish I had some. Especially this Rheedii since it is cold hardy. I have only Iceton, but 3 of them :) I love them in winter! I need some pink croton to put by my Snow bush. Magnificent has proven to be not pink at all!:(
Sept 2014.JPG

Pix, I love the pink crotons also. There are a lot of sales coming up- but mostly in South Florida. There will probably be lots of pink crotons! You should plan on a trip if you can. When some of mine get large enough I can share some with you.

Randy, the one below Wilma- could that be a Victory? Look at the wiki. Phil's has a lot of pink in it- kind of like your plant. I have one, but it looks more like Ron's photo- more reds and yellows. I think Phil had said he got his from Cleo Millare? Not certain. I got mine from Keith. He wasn't sure what it was at the time, but Bob Alonzo made the id at the Glock's meeting/auction last year.

Thank you, Anna :). I was thinking of Tropiflora near you... October 3-5. Not ready for South Florida yet.

Pix, I love the pink crotons also. There are a lot of sales coming up- but mostly in South Florida. There will probably be lots of pink crotons! You should plan on a trip if you can. When some of mine get large enough I can share some with you.

Randy, the one below Wilma- could that be a Victory? Look at the wiki. Phil's has a lot of pink in it- kind of like your plant. I have one, but it looks more like Ron's photo- more reds and yellows. I think Phil had said he got his from Cleo Millare? Not certain. I got mine from Keith. He wasn't sure what it was at the time, but Bob Alonzo made the id at the Glock's meeting/auction last year.

Ana, I remember obtaining this at one of our meetings a few years ago. The leaf shape is close, but doesn't have any red in it & the coloring is really different from any of my other crotons. It is possible it came from Keith & it could be cultural differences.

I yanked out a 5 ft Frank Brown & trashed it last week. Green, green, green. Yes I air layered a piece a few years ago for a placement in different light & that was yanked last week also. Green, green, green :mad:

I need to find the "colored" form

I yanked out a 5 ft Frank Brown & trashed it last week. Green, green, green. Yes I air layered a piece a few years ago for a placement in different light & that was yanked last week also. Green, green, green :mad:

When i get the new airlayers ill save one for you . My plant is WEIRD , one branch is colorfull the next is green , one branch i airlayered before , the new shoot is Green . Go figure . They are night and day in there difference . Mine never gets direct light just filtered all day . The green one the same light ....

Did you Trash the Green one already ,if still alive ill take it . I have a retirement Fenceline for old crotons .It could hang out by a 11 ft Rheedii that lost its Pink ....

Did you Trash the Green one already ,if still alive ill take it . I have a retirement Fenceline for old crotons .It could hang out by a 11 ft Rheedii that lost its Pink ....

Sorry Dave, I had had it with this one & mangled it stuffing into a trash bag. It never colored up except for a few yellow spots & the thing constantly harbored spider mites. Thanks, I would love a "colored" version though.

-Randy