Renfroe Hybrid

Native son

Esteemed Member
16/11/12
10a
As per the August 2006 calendar. Jose I got this from you at Fairchild.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 84
Lamar,

This always caught my attention because of the deep color that it has.
This plant maintains its black with no variations which is different from all others.

That may be just another black croton- they never released their hybrids. I have the black croton in question as well as most of their hybrids. They let me grow them here to make sure they were in a different place in case something happened to their collection. When I speak to her again, I will ask her permission to put photos in the wiki. They have some outstanding hybrids.

That may be just another black croton- they never released their hybrids. I have the black croton in question as well as most of their hybrids. They let me grow them here to make sure they were in a different place in case something happened to their collection. When I speak to her again, I will ask her permission to put photos in the wiki. They have some outstanding hybrids.

Rain on the parade Keith, it is a dead ringer to the picture in the calendar. I spoke to him a few times never did get the opportunity to visit, surely my loss.

Hey Keith, why don't you consider bringing some of those hybrids down to the Lower Keys where they can be kept in a "Croton Bank" to ensure that they can be enjoyed by many for years and decades to come. We don't have the unexpected cold snaps here that you can experience that could possibly wipe out or really set back some awesome plants. I am in the process of starting such a "Croton Bank" at a museum in Key West that I am the gardener for. With any luck, and a lot of work and funding, there could really be something to look at in the next year of so. Think about it...

The picture above looks pretty similar, but who knows.

Keith, instead of asking to post her pictures, why don't you ask her to let you release "her" plants? For the life of me, I can't understand why somebody would request their hybrids not to be shared with others until she's gone, especially living up near Tampa where it gets very cold most years. I saw these plants with the Glocks a few years back, for me I wasn't overly impressed with any of them. With so many new, extreamly beautiful plants......seedlings coming out these days, there's plenty to fill one's yard.
I've collected as many plants as possible from the Krukonis and Halgrim collections and currently doing the same with Davis and Coppinger. But that doesn't make their plants any more special than anybody else. They've been spread around over the years and shared with one another. Pretty sad if you ask me. But that's just my honest opinion.

I think it would be very nice and interesting to share photos of the plants. However, In my opinion, they should not be eligible for listing in The Wiki, until such time as they were shared with others.