Albums

Plant Nut

05/07/09
Is there any way to find out which members have albums, without clicking on each members name? I have tried to figure it out but couldn't. I'll bet I'm not the only one that would like to know this.

Is there any way to find out which members have albums, without clicking on each members name? I have tried to figure it out but couldn't. I'll bet I'm not the only one that would like to know this.

Scott, I forgot to mention. It really came as no great surprise to me, that you were able to figure out how to find and draw attention to those members that have albums. In the past, I recall that you came to the rescue on other similar computer issues. Since many of us don't have your of level of expertise in this area, will you consider posting "easy to understand" instructions on how to create an album and to include the names of the crotons as well? If so, you might even encourage me to learn how to "Point and Shoot" and create an album!

To date, I only know of Jose's, Jackie G's and your albums.

Creating your own personal album is easy as downloading pictures to a post. 1) click on community 2) click on albums 3) click on create new albums (located on the right on album page). The loading of photos is the same as adding photos to a post.
Now adding names to a photo. I add the names when I download my photos from my camera. I use ZoomBrowser EX on my computer and it allows me to edit in the names.
Hope this helps as I would love to see more albums. At one time there was a Album heading in the menu bar itself. I do not know when it was relocated into the Community heading, but maybe Dean can place it back and it will be easy for others to find. Dean?​

Attachments

• IMG_2611.jpg
    IMG_2611.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 63
Here is another bit of interesting stuff that can be found here on Palmpedia. Did you know there are Palmoramas? Yes great Palmoramas 3D-360 Virtual Tours. (viewing tip use your mouse to zoom in). The Palmoramas are located in the Wiki pull down menu. You will see some Crotons and Ti and Cycads mixed with the palms. Also check out the many slide shows also located in the pull down menu. Have fun and enjoy the views. Maybe some one will be willing to do a Crotonorama.

Here is another bit of interesting stuff that can be found here on Palmpedia. Did you know there are Palmoramas? Yes great Palmoramas 3D-360 Virtual Tours. (viewing tip use your mouse to zoom in). The Palmoramas are located in the Wiki pull down menu. You will see some Crotons and Ti and Cycads mixed with the palms. Also check out the many slide shows also located in the pull down menu. Have fun and enjoy the views. Maybe some one will be willing to do a Crotonorama.

Scott, that sounds very interesting! I'm going to try that...

Also, thank-you so much for your willingness to help get more albums created. I feel certain it can happen, as long the process is easy to understand. Let me ask you this, for those that already have lots of pictures downloaded; can they easily add names to those photos? If so, can you explain how and express a willingness to help them?

I use ZoomBrowser EX and I can go back to any of my photos and edit when I wish. I am not sure what others are using to store the photos. There are online photo editors like Dr Picture that let you edit your photos. They are a little more time consuming to do, but it can be done. I will be happy to help anyone here.

Scott, I forgot to mention. It really came as no great surprise to me, that you were able to figure out how to find and draw attention to those members that have albums. In the past, I recall that you came to the rescue on other similar computer issues. Since many of us don't have your of level of expertise in this area, will you consider posting "easy to understand" instructions on how to create an album and to include the names of the crotons as well? If so, you might even encourage me to learn how to "Point and Shoot" and create an album!

I remember there were more Albums at one time. Do not know why they do not show in the Albums. I remember Dean had one, I checked and yes, Deans album is still there but is not showing in Albums. There was another member who had lots of Croton photos in albums but am drawing a blank on the name.

Now this is an Album !!! LOL :D

Attachments

• sgt_pepper_cover.jpg
    sgt_pepper_cover.jpg
    756.4 KB · Views: 88
As you may have seen, I have added an "Albums" Tab. This will take you to all the albums that have been uploaded in the last 2000 days - and gives you a tab to "Create New Album"

Titles to the photos can be added by using the "Edit Photos" button once inside your albums. However, it appears this title only appears on the full size photo, not on the photo thumbnails. I am inquiring about this - but with the holiday today it may take awhile to get a response.

As to the whole issue of photo management. I know everyone wishes there were a "one size fits all" "no brainer" method for handling photos. However, every computer and camera is different - and there are literally hundreds of programs that handle photos. Windows 8 is different than Windows 7, and they are different than Macs, etc. There is no way for someone else to give you step by step instructions from your camera, to your computer, to uploading - everyone does it a little differently. So you just have to trial and error your way through the process - and when you get to a specific easily asked 'roadblock' then we can probably help you with that step.

As you may have seen, I have added an "Albums" Tab. This will take you to all the albums that have been uploaded in the last 2000 days - and gives you a tab to "Create New Album"

Titles to the photos can be added by using the "Edit Photos" button once inside your albums. However, it appears this title only appears on the full size photo, not on the photo thumbnails. I am inquiring about this - but with the holiday today it may take awhile to get a response.

As to the whole issue of photo management. I know everyone wishes there were a "one size fits all" "no brainer" method for handling photos. However, every computer and camera is different - and there are literally hundreds of programs that handle photos. Windows 8 is different than Windows 7, and they are different than Macs, etc. There is no way for someone else to give you step by step instructions from your camera, to your computer, to uploading - everyone does it a little differently. So you just have to trial and error your way through the process - and when you get to a specific easily asked 'roadblock' then we can probably help you with that step.
Thanks for the album tab