Chantal forms ,not a good things when Cape Verde storms start this early :(

Bullwinkle

Esteemed Member
17/11/10
Chantal forms ,not a good things when Cape Verde storms start this early

The previous years that Cape Verde storms have started in early July have almost all been very active years,This is a very bad sign.

Well Hurricane Andrew occurred during a very inactive season. Basically, when you are going to get hammered - it just happens. With all our advancements in predicting weather, we are still at the mercy of fickle Mother Nature.

Now if the named storms get up into the M's and they name it Moose - then I know it will draw a bullseye on the Moose Land :eek:

Its not a bad sign if you are a surfer like me. Bring the waves! But, of course being a home owner its a bad sign...so stay offshore!

damn, I cursed it:

THE OFFICIAL FORECAST CALLS FOR
GRADUAL WEAKENING. CHANTAL WILL LIKELY DISSIPATE IN 3 DAYS...OR
PERHAPS MUCH EARLIER.

Chantal had big struggles but to be honest I was not terribly worried about Chantal.I was more worried about the conditions that led to the early formation of the an early Cape Verde storm.We almost never see early July Cape Verde systems.It has me really concerned what the August to September period will be like :(

It looks like it fell apart. The system will make its way here depositing 2-4" of rain with minor wind. :cool:

There seem to be a lot more water spouts around Tampa bay but it could be just more cameras to document them now that everyone has one on their phone. Definately a very wet summer so far.