Bactris gasipaes

Didn't they serve that at the biennial? With mayo for dipping? I couldn't stomach them :p
I'd have to be on a desert island with no other source of food :D

I do like pupunha as the fruit is called here. The palm is native to my region and is a totally domesticated tree, only found with people around. It really depends a lot on the tree the fruit comes from. They varie a lot. Here they are boiled in salted water and then you peel off the skn and eat the fruit. But, I guess it is not for everyone.

The common name is "Peach Palm". With a name like that I believe we send a bias message to our taste buds and reality does not match the anticipation. I actually have a jar of the fruit in my fridge right now. Bren may be a little over dramatic. She would gladly eat them if raw iguana and tree snails were the other choices. :rolleyes:

Wrong Ron, I love snails prepared right and I hear iguana tastes like chicken over an open fire. Those fruit awakened my gag reflex LOL

20141220_152049.jpg
I AM SO THOROGHLY AMUSED WITH THIS THREAD,,,, WILL CAM my carambola tomorrow

I have to start coddlin a 25 year ole stzr apple...... which looks just like the satin leaf tree I love so much after finding out they likeconstant moisture, and more fert... it ' s far way from growing areas....... mark

20141220_152142.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The second pic was a dracena godseffiana ( sp correct!?) Nite folks for this day an night .bye mark

rarly have I seen a flower......