Pink, Pink, Pink!

palmisland

28/03/08
I had to go to South Jersey this week for a funeral & had a day to myself. I went to Longwood Gardens in Kennet Square Pennsylvania. I hadn't been here in 30 years. Simply an awesome garden & conservatory. Anyway in one of the greenhouses ther were a few crotons, although nothing any of you would consider exciting EXCEPT this "Miss Peters". It looks like an Iceton without the ice. Enjoy!:p IMG_1287.jpgIMG_1291.jpgIMG_1289.jpgIMG_1288.jpgIMG_1287.jpgIMG_1291.jpgIMG_1289.jpg[

Pretty in pink it is. Thanks for posting the pic.

Attachments

• Pink_Panther_by_deviantboOF.jpg
    Pink_Panther_by_deviantboOF.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 112
I'd go with Mrs. Iceton. What kind of lighting?? natural with some supplemental?

Phil, It is in a 90 year old conservatory in Longwood Gardens, with 1,000 employees and volunteers. Every single plant is very well taken care of!

Randy

Attachments

• IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 88
The pastel coloring looks mauve. As alluded to by Phil - If it is not a lighting issue nor photo shopped - that is a truly unique looking croton. :eek:

Randy - you seem to find amazing photographic subjects. Thank you for sharing! :cool:

Here's the other photos I took. I couldn't get enough of this plant. (Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics) It looked flawless!;)

Randy

Attachments

• IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1297.jpg
    IMG_1297.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 113
Nice pics esp for cell phone camera! Reason I asked about lighting was because lighting will affect the plant color and rate of growth and will certainly affect any visual images esp if artificial lighting was in use, e.g., pics would look a lot diffreent under natural daylight or metal halide light or that organge sodium lighting or various types of fluros.

Most of the 'Miss Peters' mentions I could find seem to refer to this one plant at Longwood Gardens...

Found this on the Longwood site:

Codiaeum variegatum var. pictum 'Miss Peters'
Croton Longwood Gardens

Accession Number: 1975-0581*A

Map | Images
More about Codiaeum variegatum var. pictum 'Miss Peters'
ACCESSION DATE July 01, 1975
(When this plant was acquired and registered in the database)
LOCATION GROUP Conservatory; Tropical Terrace
PLANT SOURCE Jardin Botanique National
DATE LAST MEASURED January 12, 2011
HEIGHT (FEET) 5
Location Map for 1975-0581*A Codiaeum variegatum var. pictum 'Miss Peters'

^Top of Page

1975-0581*A
Codiaeum variegatum var. pictum 'Miss Peters'
1975-0581*A
Codiaeum variegatum var. pictum 'Miss Peters' Leaf

1975-0581*A
Codiaeum variegatum var. pictum 'Miss Peters' Leaf