Search results

1. T

Coccothrinax hioramii ?

Hi guys and gals! I just re-discovered my thread - They are not yet sprouted - but I certainly will keep you guys updated. Thanks!
  2. T

Syagrus seeds wanted

I already have about 10 species, and am looking for ones I don't yet have. Seeds only. Thanks!
  3. T

rare palm seed order

I just placed an order with RPS this afternoon. If you want anything from them, let me know. I will pay for shipping and the phyto, etc, to get the seeds to me. You just pay for your seeds, and shipping from me to you. I ship worldwide. Shipping from me to you won't cost much at all. Let me...
  4. T

Cycas revoluta Aurea

Hi guys Haven't been here in a while - doesn't seem like I missed much (which is usually a good thing, mind you!) I have some sprouted seeds - no real leaves yet - To be honest, I've had them over a year, and am getting pretty bored with them. Yes, I know that this is the worst time to...
  5. T

Jubaea chilensis sprouts

Hi all, been gone a while - but back I am! True, if I grew only Palms, I would need more patience than I have now - but that aside, Palms are a minority of what I grow, anyway, so it's all good. I grow them more for enjoyment, and the ease of germinating seeds (if slowly!)
  6. T

Jubaea chilensis sprouts

I learned a lot about Jubaea from Jane's post. Thank you Jane, and welcome!
  7. T

Are these seeds Butia capitata / odorata?

And, are they the same ? Which is the better name to use ?
  8. T

Jubaea on Ebay - the real deal? I'm looking for true chilensis - help

There's a seller on Ebay - Hirtsgarden - he is a great seller, and I'm a repeat buyer, and am interested in his Jubaea chilensis seeds - he has a photo of a mature specimen pictured - can anyone confirm if these seeds are the real deal, or assorted hybrids? At any rate - regardless - I'd...
  9. T

"My first Cordyline!"

Yes, without the green new growth. But, the ones I see here are even darker than that -
  10. T

Zamia fairchildiana

Gorgeous plants! Cycads are another "unspoken" affliction of mine as well - Most are small, and most get mealy bug in the winter, so they are always in different stages of growth and flushing - I will take some photos soon! On my last Florida trip, I snagged a huge 20-gallon Zamia for .... $20...
  11. T

"My first Cordyline!"

PS There is another Burgundy one that does have pink streaks in it, that I have seen now and then. It's crazy how many colors there can be in a leaf!
  12. T

"My first Cordyline!"

I see those as being very reddish - so maybe Burgundy isn't quite the color I'm after - the ones I am seeing, are very, very dark, on the blacker side of the spectrum? Ring any bells ? But, granted, the ones here are almost always being grown in part-shade in the nurseries/greenhouses. (But are...
  13. T

"My first Cordyline!"

Several that are ALL Burgundy? Oh boy - how can one even tell any of them apart? It's really interesting seeing a plant that is dark Burgundy from the soil level up to the leaf tips, with no hint of any other color whatsoever. If it helps any, the ones I see have long, slender leaves (Not...
  14. T

"My first Cordyline!"

Thank you for the correct ID! Anyone have a Mocha Latte to post? I'm now curious! (I'm not disappointed - I really love this plant) - and I'm sure I'll have more :) I really like the all-burgundy ones - what is that one? Best, Jude
  15. T

"My first Cordyline!"

As promised, two shots (Mac PhotoBooth ! ) of my Mocha Latte Cordyline. I'm really enjoying it.
  16. T

Coccothrinax hioramii ?

Nice! I love that photo - the white cloaks - can't wait for mine to arrive!
  17. T

"My first Cordyline!"

I have a green and a red Cordyline australis, but a few days ago, I bought my "first ever" Cordyline - one of the new Mocha Latte's. Just so funky, and beautiful! Anyone else growing this one? What's the history on this one? Best, Jude
  18. T

International Aroid Society

Are you a vendor there? We may have crossed paths last year. "Which" were you?