Search results

1. P

Kinda cool one

Wow that is very different, cant wait to see how it develops. Peachy
  2. P

Am I... normal??

MY giant BOPs do this quite often. Can't say that I have noticed it with the small ones however. Peachy
  3. P

Join an artist and his backyard on their journey into exotica....

They are nice, really nice. As someone who always failed at mouldmaking, I appreciate the skill involved at all stages of production. Pouring, casting, firing, glazing etc, never a problem...but getting a mould that didnt stick everywhere was impossible. Peachy
  4. P

Cycads anyone?

I saw what I thought was a fascinating palm one day and found it is was a cycad and from then on I was a goner. I have 45 cycas zamias macrozamias encepholartus and a couple of things I cant remember. So who is going to die and leave me enough land so I can actually plant the million and one...
  5. P

Some new cordylines at my place

Ron I would be writing it for the next 12 months maybe more. However all is not lost !! I had a very enterprising american friend online who googled a dictionary for Strine (oz slang) and surprised me one day by coming out with a stream of terms that sat me on me khyber !! :P I suppose...
  6. P

Hullo Ron, ltns, my winter night temps here dont bother any cordylines at all. They are just about unkillable in my climate. The couple of times there has been a frost, only the exposed ones were burnt but they came back okay in a few weeks. Dean, it looks just as pretty in person as in the...
  7. P

Thanks Scott, for $7 each and 80cms high, I wasnt going to leave them behind !! Peachy
  8. P

Okay I already have a ton of these plants but when I saw these pretties I just had to have them. Curious to find out if anyone knows their names. Peachy
  9. P

Holding my breath

Don't push the panic button just yet. Sometimes a couple of mine do the same thing but they usually come good. Admittedly I tend to pour liquid fertiliser around when it does happen. Peachy
  10. P

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.....or am I just too bloody old for all of this.

After coming to a decision to give the front yard a much needed makeover, using up some of the potted multitudes in the process, I thought a Pritchardia hillebrandtii sp blue dwarf (yes I am Poppa Smurf if it ever turns blue) would be okay in the middle of the front lawn as a feature plant. Yes...
  11. P

Bismarckia growth

mine has been in the ground 5 years now and still yet to trunk....bloody thing is taking forever. Peachy
  12. P

Philodendron gigas

I got mine from Equatorial Exotics up in Cairns. I had to wait a long time for it as Chris took mine as cuttings from the one up there in the ground. They are from the same plant as in post 12. Just got my new camera (and computer) last week and still figuring out how everything works on them...
  13. P

my palms

They look lovely and strong for such a difficult climate, makes me hang my head in shame. Peachy
  14. P

Philodendron gigas

I have a couple of gigas here and they do fine, just a bit slower than in the tropics. They are in a sheltered position but still handle our occasional freezing nights and boiling hot days. They still look good even in our freakish long winter this year, when many other tropical things...
  15. P

How to Propagate Cordylines (Ti plants)

They are cordyline australis, a native from NewZealand that have been bred up to produce the different colours. Extremely cold and frost hardy, they even grow in England !!! Some of the new cultivars will withstand some humidity but eventually they seem to just fall over. Heat doesnt bother...
  16. P

Mad Fox Seeds Finally!!!

Well talk about greedy. Are you going to share around any of the next batch ?? Peachy
  17. P

Mrs. Iceton

Crotons are very common here but finding a named variety is a very rare happening. However the one cultivar that is commonly labelled is Mrs Iceton and even here it looks the same. Peachy
  18. P

Ferns on Palm Trunks

In the rainforests in my part of the state, ferns, orchids and other ephytes grow up he trunks of trees and palms naturally. Often see olderCIDP as street trees with the trunks literally covered in ferns too. To me it looks pretty, its a natural occurance and does not harm the palms. My largest...