Some of the More Unusual Ones

Ray / Ron,

I'll try to get a few pictures today or maybe monday. My commotion in the yard for some reason has lots of small leaves now and dosen't look that good. I have better looking ones in pots. I'll get a pic. of Spirale also.

Jeff

I will be there at 8am on Friday packing heat. If ANYONE attempts to distract me, trip me, or throw that old lady in front of me (like last time), there will be fatal consequences. From working the BSO Homicide so long, I can make it look like a tragic accident or suicide.

Forty four stab wounds all over the body from a Phoenix canariensis could be the worst suicide ever!!!

You people better pray on Thursday night that I take the right medication to calm my (croton) nerves!!!

I will be there at 8am on Friday packing heat. If ANYONE attempts to distract me, trip me, or throw that old lady in front of me (like last time), there will be fatal consequences. From working the BSO Homicide so long, I can make it look like a tragic accident or suicide.

Forty four stab wounds all over the body from a Phoenix canariensis could be the worst suicide ever!!!

You people better pray on Thursday night that I take the right medication to calm my (croton) nerves!!!

Rick,

JUST CALM DOWN !!! CALM DOWN. After several days at the health clinic, my advice would be, double the medication your on and don't come alone, bring the aid with you. Don't worry, they'll be plenty of crotons to choose from.

Am I going to have to hand out numbers to everyone to get in line?:D

Jeff

Rick,

JUST CALM DOWN !!! CALM DOWN. After several days at the health clinic, my advice would be, double the medication your on and don't come alone, bring the aid with you. Don't worry, they'll be plenty of crotons to choose from.

Am I going to have to hand out numbers to everyone to get in line?:D

Jeff

I should get the first number for dedication. See the bite marks on my butt for jumping the fence pre-dawn. Thought I could wear a red shirt and hide until opening. :rolleyes:

Ron. :p

Ron - Just remember, the free hamburgers and hot dogs start on Saturday. Now, what's more important - food or Crotons?

Ricky - I have consumed exactly 1 hamburger in the last 6 years. That should tell you where my focus is. My problem is Jeff has more Palms and Bromeliads (Crotons this year) available than my budget allows for. Recently I have been going on Fridays at the opening hour, no food that day and I don't care. Surrounded by serious plant people is food enough for me!

Jeff - 9 days to go. Get on Ryan's butt and give us more pictures!!!!!

See for us, we don't eat hamburgers or hot dogs at home because that involves "grilling". True barbecue enthusiasts that we are, all meat gets cooked low and slow, so I relish the opportunity to have a few grilled items when I go to Jeff's. Of course, I never leave without some plants. This time I'm hoping to pick up 3 or 4 dozen variegated Neos. - Dongles is what I believe Jeff calls them.

Jeff - where is the updated croton list from Ryan? Your sale starts in 6 days 3hrs. and 51 minutes. But who is counting down anyway :p I am sure you are very very busy right now preparing your plants. ;)

Ron. :)

Jeff - where is the updated croton list from Ryan? Your sale starts in 6 days 3hrs. and 51 minutes. But who is counting down anyway :p I am sure you are very very busy right now preparing your plants. ;)

Ron. :)

Yaaaah, I am extreamly busy dude. I had some definite name changes when Bob Alonzo was here for 7 hours between the nursery and my house on monday. Also, a few surprises and maybe one big surprise. The list should be complete by monday.

Great ad in the Sun-Sentinel, Jeff.

Thanks Ricky. You know what they say, you have to spend money to make money. Back when we had our spring sale, the Sun Sentinel came out and did a story on our nursery/sale earlier that week. It really helped us by bringing in new customers. So we decided from that moment on, we would pay for an ad and I think we made the right decission. It's not cheap, that's for sure.

Jeff, 5 large Tapestries for sale next weekend??

Ray,

You got bloodhound blood in you somewhere? Lol! Ok, time will tell. But, Bob saw a really pathetic looking croton at the house and said there's a 50/50 chance that it could actually be a Tapestry. It's holding very few leaves, hasen't grown much in the three plus years it's been planted and is barely holding on. It's pinkish red in color and has a narrow leaf. The one good thing going for it is, that it came from the old Robert Halgrim collection at his home and Bob said he had one there planted. All I can say is, it's going to get a "shitload" of attention from now on. And fertilizer too!

I will be there at 8am on Friday packing heat. If ANYONE attempts to distract me, trip me, or throw that old lady in front of me.....

Aha! There's an idea - I'll have my henchman.... er... husband DISTRACT you, while I seize the crotons! I'm driving hellbent all the way from St. Pete and am already in croton-manic frenzy!

And I have dibs on the Sybil - I must have it arrrrgh!

Aha! There's an idea - I'll have my henchman.... er... husband DISTRACT you, while I seize the crotons! I'm driving hellbent all the way from St. Pete and am already in croton-manic frenzy!

And I have dibs on the Sybil - I must have it arrrrgh!

I hope that Judy Glock is wearing a Kevlar Vest.
This could get ugly at 8:01 am.
:eek:

well, I used my covert skills from paintball to sneak into the nursery today and snap some pics, start drooling everyone!

Attachments

• Crotons 001.jpg
    Crotons 001.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 238
  • Crotons 002.jpg
    Crotons 002.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Crotons 003.jpg
    Crotons 003.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 230
  • Crotons 004.jpg
    Crotons 004.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 225
well, I used my covert skills from paintball to sneak into the nursery today and snap some pics, start drooling everyone!

This was true, but just so you all know, Rob has left for business and won't be back until sunday morning. He's missing friday and saturday, and he ain't very happy about it.:mad: But I told him, there will be plenty of Petra's and Gold Dust still on sunday.:D

This was true, but just so you all know, Rob has left for business and won't be back until sunday morning. He's missing friday and saturday, and he ain't very happy about it.:mad: But I told him, there will be plenty of Petra's and Gold Dust still on sunday.:D

That is very mean Jeff, completely accurate, but mean to say the least!
:mad: :eek:

Good chance there may be a few smaller ones at the Croton Society's booth at the USF Sale next weekend. Patience is a valuable asset in any collecting endeavor (esp if one does not have a ton of cash...)