New plants

zone11dreamer

14/07/09
Hi , I just bought 3 crotons . One is called Mona Lisa , Regina , and the other is Magnificent.
I was told to keep them in shade. Seeing that the Mona Lisa is yellow can I give it strong shifting sunlight ? How about the others ?

Also , any opinion on the growth rate? Can I expect them to end up as small tress like so many of the other crotons ?

Thanks in advance

Hi , I just bought 3 crotons . One is called Mona Lisa , Regina , and the other is Magnificent.
I was told to keep them in shade. Seeing that the Mona Lisa is yellow can I give it strong shifting sunlight ? How about the others ?

Also , any opinion on the growth rate? Can I expect them to end up as small tress like so many of the other crotons ?

Thanks in advance

I would rate the Regina as a pretty fast croton, Magnificent as much slower and Mona Lisa is a very slow grower. Even though Mona Lisa has lots of yellow in it, I have found it still likes to be in a good deal of shade. You mentioned putting it in a strong shifting sunlight, I think this sounds ok, just watch it over the next several months.

Jeff