Freaky Sprouting Coconut - Coconut Expert Needed

Dypsisdean

Administrator
Staff member
28/09/07
I was sent these pics along with and email asking what is going on here, and could this be something of rarity or importance. What do you all think?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 207
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 236
Dean, I am no Coconut expert, but I think that it is just a weed grass that has sprouted in the seed. I think the grass is called Nut Grass very common weed grass here in Fl.

Dean, I am no Coconut expert, but I think that it is just a weed grass that has sprouted in the seed. I think the grass is called Nut Grass very common weed grass here in Fl.

Scott, your absolutely right. It appears to be a weed that came up and has found a home.

Dean......................we need to talk, brother.

Jeff

Jeff,

I briefly and hastily started to fall for it until Angela pulled me back from the edge. :) But I thought it would be fun to post it as it was presented to me. I wanted to assure the fellow that emailed it to me that others were in agreement, and it wasn't just my "diagnosis."

For his benefit, I'll post a photo of a sprouting coconut I just happen to have that shows it is emerging from a different area. But he wasn't that far off. Palms are just big grass anyway, right??? :)