Fall Auction

Perry Edge

06/07/09
It may be a bit early to advertise, but I would be interested in hosting a fall gathering here in St Petersburg, sometime in early to mid November. If all goes according to plan, we are selling our home next year and there goes my croton garden for good, so call this an attempt to go out with a bang (or at least, a pop). Do we have any conflicts such as plant sales etc. at that time of November?

Perry,

Your post is timely. I just bought a new place & want lots of crotons. All of mine stayed with our old home. My gardens sold the place. Ground zero for me again. The thrill is in the chase though.
Bren

Wasn't the last meeting/ sale on the west coast ?
Bren...meet Perry. He's got crotii for your new house

Wasn't the last meeting/ sale on the west coast ?
Bren...meet Perry. He's got crotii for your new house

I believe the last auction was at Anna's. We had an opportunity for a Spring event on the East coast, but it seemed to have evaporated, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Mike and Lamar had mentioned in the Spring Auction thread about a garden tour and croton auction in November down in their area. I don't know if that is still on, but that would be one possible conflict. I am excited about the potential to visit any/all of these gardens and find some new crotons, as long as I am not tied up with school whatever weekend it is. Thanks Karl

OK I missed that. If that offer is still on the table, I will gladly acquiesce to them. Guys?

I should be available any weekend in November. November 11th looks good. I would love to come down and see your gardens. Maybe Perry could have a tour/auction in the Spring, because I don't want to miss out on seeing any of these gardens. Someday I will try to set up an auction in Vero Beach as well. My gardens are getting close to being ready to have visitors.
It did not look like Fairchild had posted the date for the fall Ramble yet, but I would assume that would be the biggest thing going on in November. The Ramble was November 11-13 last year. It looks like Mounts has there plant sale on November 4th and 5th.

Keep us posted.

I should be available any weekend in November. November 11th looks good. I would love to come down and see your gardens. Maybe Perry could have a tour/auction in the Spring, because I don't want to miss out on seeing any of these gardens. Someday I will try to set up an auction in Vero Beach as well. My gardens are getting close to being ready to have visitors.
It did not look like Fairchild had posted the date for the fall Ramble yet, but I would assume that would be the biggest thing going on in November. The Ramble was November 11-13 last year. It looks like Mounts has there plant sale on November 4th and 5th.

Keep us posted.

I'd be glad to host a Spring event, provided the home is not yet up for sale.