My thinking

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
I have 2 plants that I have thought were Zulu (AKA Nobissima), but I am not positive and will ask for your thoughts.
The first plant has leaves 10" x 4" and background green color turns black as the leaf ages over time.
c91c18.jpg

The second plant in question has leaves 4.5" x 1.5" and retains the green background color to the leaves.
pizap.com14887318946711.jpg

Who is who or what is what I ask.

Last edited:
Both plants could be Noblissimajust poorly colored the leaf structure is about right. IMOP. When they get mass produced the get pretty funcky. I used to see them at Home Depot often. This is a picture of three seedlings I am growing.
image.jpg

I have 2 plants that I have thought were Zulu (AKA Nobissima), but I am not positive and will ask for your thoughts.
The first plant has leaves 10" x 4" and background green color turns black as the leaf ages over time.
View attachment 35833

The second plant in question has leaves 4.5" x 1.5" and retains the green background color to the leaves.
View attachment 35834

Who is who or what is what I ask.
They look very similar to the Noblissima I had gotten at Jeff's sale. Mine does not have the bright yellows that you see on the photos on the Wiki. I am not sure if they are just variable in color or if light, moisture, and fertilizer factor in. As I am sure you have seen, the colors of some cultivars can be much more subdued in lower light, while others look great in deep shade. I put my Noblissima where it will get some decent light to see if it would color up, although I appreciate even the subtle coloring that it has now. Will try to remember to take a picture of it when I have a chance.