Plant Creations 1 or 2?

Marie Nock

04/07/09
I was checking the wiki to see if this was called Plant Creations 1 or 2 and it wasn't in the wiki. Phil, I think you have this plant or anyone else who knows . Is it PC 1 or PC 2? Thanks.

Plant Creations 1 0r 2.JPG
Plant Creations 1 or 2 a.JPG

I've always called it and heard it called #2; no idea what #1 looks like or if it even exists. Plant Creations is still in business down in Homestead. Part of their web site has been hacked; the part that works does not list any crotons for sale.

Thanks Phil. Plant Creations is likely where we got our original plant but I don't think they had a name on it. I think I heard the name at one of the auctions years ago but I was never sure of the number.

Here's a few more pics. Lots of these were available from a grower who had some frontage along Griffin Rd; we visited his place a few years ago.

Attachments

• DSCN7257.JPG
    DSCN7257.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN7258.JPG
    DSCN7258.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN7259.JPG
    DSCN7259.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 142
Another plant to add to my wish list. Thanks for sharing the photos Marie and Phil. It has been about about two weeks since I planted the last of the crotons I got from David, I am starting to get withdrawal symptoms. Need to go on another croton finding trip soon.

Randy, would you have a photo of it to add to the wiki?

Mine has looked better. It's dropped a few leaves a couple of weeks ago.

I lost all of my over 15,000 photos, due to using Carbonite. I've paid Carbonite for the past 7 years to back up my computer off site & they "lost" ALL my photos & a lot of work files. I had to have my hard drive replaced & after verifying with Carbonite that my computer was fully backed up with them, they sent me EMPTY FILES. Anyone using Carbonite to back up their computer should get an external hard drive to back up to. All they could tell me was it was "unfortunate" they lost 15 years worth of photos & memories. They then cancelled my account & refunded me $59.95!

DON'T TRUST CARBONITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC_0039.JPG

Wow, Randy, that's a stunner. So sad your beautiful photos are gone! Unbelievable. That means you'll have to quickly set about creating lots of new beautiful ones! I've never even heard of Carbonite, but now I've heard your alert. Thanks.

Randy, your Plant Creations #2 is fabulous! So sorry to hear about your lost photos, you had some beauties. How can they get away with that?

Mine has looked better. It's dropped a few leaves a couple of weeks ago.

I lost all of my over 15,000 photos, due to using Carbonite. I've paid Carbonite for the past 7 years to back up my computer off site & they "lost" ALL my photos & a lot of work files. I had to have my hard drive replaced & after verifying with Carbonite that my computer was fully backed up with them, they sent me EMPTY FILES. Anyone using Carbonite to back up their computer should get an external hard drive to back up to. All they could tell me was it was "unfortunate" they lost 15 years worth of photos & memories. They then cancelled my account & refunded me $59.95!

DON'T TRUST CARBONITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 35709
Randy,
I had not heard of Carbonite either, but clearly not someone I would want to do business with. They probably have something in the fine print that they can not be held responsible even if they completely screw up and destroy your work. Don't know how some of these places stay in business. Be sure to let the Better Business Bureau know and may help to report it to some type of consumer complaint organization. Unfortunately none of that will get all of the work back that you did over those 15 years. Your plant looks great and no doubt you will start rebuilding your photo collection and hopefully sharing with us as you go. Sorry that you had to go through that.