UNDER THE OLD OAK TREE

MACULATUM KATONI
023.JPG
MACULATUM KATONI

David,
What a great visit. I finally got to see the old oak tree, which I am sure you will miss when you move to the other property, but more importantly it was exciting to see your collection. I got about half of the plants I brought home planted. Many plants that had been on my wish list. I still need to come back and get the old John Bender from out back that needs a good home and I realized when I got home that I left the seedlings I had originally picked out someplace while we were walking. I am sure we can find a few other things. Most of what I planted ended up in places I had not even planned on planting right now, so I still have plenty of room for more plants. I may try to get a trip in to visit Jeff as well during the two weeks I have off. Thanks again for the great collection and I look forward to stopping by again soon. The assortment of seedlings you have is making me even more excited about growing mine on to see what I end up with. I can only hope to end up with some that are as nice as what you have developed.
Karl

David, I was looking up some of the plants you were showing me and don't remember if you had some of these available. If not I can wait until you have a chance to do some air-layering. Did you have any of these: Catherine Gephart, Arrowhead, Kentucky (special form that you had), Philip Geduldig (I believe I remember you having a special sport or seedling), etc. (I am pretty sure there were a couple of others we discussed that you were going to see if you had small ones of)? Maybe I can stop back next week and get another batch. Thanks again for the great plants, have most of them planted and should plant the rest later today or tomorrow. Have a wonderful holiday!

David, I was looking up some of the plants you were showing me and don't remember if you had some of these available. If not I can wait until you have a chance to do some air-layering. Did you have any of these: Catherine Gephart, Arrowhead, Kentucky (special form that you had), Philip Geduldig (I believe I remember you having a special sport or seedling), etc. (I am pretty sure there were a couple of others we discussed that you were going to see if you had small ones of)? Maybe I can stop back next week and get another batch. Thanks again for the great plants, have most of them planted and should plant the rest later today or tomorrow. Have a wonderful holiday!
I have all those ... let me double check tomorrow ..Im sure they all are 3 gal ...

I have all those ... let me double check tomorrow ..Im sure they all are 3 gal ...
Sounds great. I had a feeling you had said you had them and I just ended up with so many other plants that I forgot about them until I got home. I am sure I will easily be able to fill my car up with another load. Let me know when you are free next week and I will be back! Thanks.

Finished planting the crotons today. Keep finding new places that need crotons to brighten them up. I have plenty of plastic pots, so if you can use them I will bring them along next time I stop over. Hope you had a great Christmas.

That would be great. Let me know which day would be best and we can come down around the same time if that works for you. Looking forward to another visit and another carload of crotons. :)
We will do the air layers too I forgot that.....
Got to bring the car in to the dealership tomorrow to have the air conditioning checked, so don't know if either Wednesday or Thursday would work for us to come down to visit you (unless they need us to bring back the car because they need to order a part which I will find out tomorrow). We were planning to go down to Miami Friday and Saturday to visit Fairchild and Zoo Miami while the weather was going to be so comfortable.

The air conditioning is fixed just need to go get the car, so will be free the rest of the week. Was going through the Wiki and finding other plants that I remember you had, but don't know if you had any available like General Paget (thought I had it but don't), Joe Friday, Dr. Frank Brown (don't think you had any available), Noblissima, Goldilocks, etc., as well as some of the unnamed. Plenty I have interest in! Will stop at the bank to get more cash. Talk soon.

The air conditioning is fixed just need to go get the car, so will be free the rest of the week. Was going through the Wiki and finding other plants that I remember you had, but don't know if you had any available like General Paget (thought I had it but don't), Joe Friday, Dr. Frank Brown (don't think you had any available), Noblissima, Goldilocks, etc., as well as some of the unnamed. Plenty I have interest in! Will stop at the bank to get more cash. Talk soon.
Ill buzz ya tomorrow

David, What is the name of the 3rd plant from the top on post 448? I believe it is the tall one that had great color at the top and I had brought home an air-layer of today. It had a strange name, but I could not for the life of me remember what it was. I figured maybe I would get lucky and you would have it named here, but did not see it with a name on this thread. I also think I forgot a few plants on the right side of where the misting area was. I was looking for a plant that I remember us picking out and realized it must have been left behind (not even sure what it was called). I could not have fit another plant in the car anyway, but I am sure I will be stopping down again soon (especially after you have had a chance to do some air-layering of the plants we had talked about that you did not have available). Started planting when I got home, but it got dark and I ran out of the potting soil I mix in when I plant. Should have everything planted tomorrow. Thanks again for all the great plants.

David, What is the name of the 3rd plant from the top on post 448? I believe it is the tall one that had great color at the top and I had brought home an air-layer of today. It had a strange name, but I could not for the life of me remember what it was. I figured maybe I would get lucky and you would have it named here, but did not see it with a name on this thread. I also think I forgot a few plants on the right side of where the misting area was. I was looking for a plant that I remember us picking out and realized it must have been left behind (not even sure what it was called). I could not have fit another plant in the car anyway, but I am sure I will be stopping down again soon (especially after you have had a chance to do some air-layering of the plants we had talked about that you did not have available). Started planting when I got home, but it got dark and I ran out of the potting soil I mix in when I plant. Should have everything planted tomorrow. Thanks again for all the great plants.
LORD BELHAVEN i think i spelled it correctly . thanks for coming by .. but ive gotta come to your place next ... ill look on the other side tomorrow .... thanks again

LORD BELHAVEN i think i spelled it correctly . thanks for coming by .. but ive gotta come to your place next ... ill look on the other side tomorrow .... thanks again
Great, thanks. Would never have remembered that name. If you stop by to visit you would be welcome to take air-layers if you find plants you want to add to your collection.

Looking great David. I always enjoy coming on and seeing updated photos to get me in the croton spirit. I need to get out and take some pictures as well, but it has been so busy and next week I am going down to Seacamp in the keys with a group of students. I hope you had a chance to get down to Jeff's, I did not make it the first day but went Saturday and Sunday of the first weekend and got some great plants (32 total new varieties). I still need to go out and do some air-layering now that I know how to do it. I am nursing along the seedlings that I dug up from the gardens and potted up. Some were a bit too small and did not adjust to the transplant and the soil mix I used did not work as well as I had hoped. Nothing so far looks nearly as nice as your collection of seedlings (all of the seedlings and other crotons I got from you were planted and are doing well, great assortment). Thanks for sharing and keep the photos coming.

Great photos David. What is the first croton in 511? The old leaves look a bit like Irresistible, but the new growth is very different. What a beauty. Seeing its photo reminds me that I still need to get John Bender.
Its an old PRESIDENT REGAN .... the plant the cutting came from is a lot older than when he was the pres .. the plant is from the 1960s ... not sure what it was called prior to Pres Regan.... another mistery ....