Happy Holidays

VeroKarl

10/02/15
Wishing you a happy and peaceful Christmas (or Hanukkah) and a wonderful New Year. Enjoy this time with your family, friends, and of course your crotons. I had to include a picture of my Christmas croton. Now someone just needs to name another croton Happy New Year, so I can use a photo of it to celebrate next year. :)

Christmas.JPG

Thank you, Karl!
We had a great Christmas, but I am still landscaping...trying to finish this year...
I am not sure if the links are allowed here, but it is how I always feel about New Year coming:

http://www.prikol.ru/2016/12/22/skoro-novyj-god-aaaaaaaaaaaa/

We just have to finish a lot of things!

Guys, look what I found today on my best foxtail palm tree. What kind of wild creature have done this???
IMG_3716.JPG
IMG_3717.JPG

Thank you, Karl!
We had a great Christmas, but I am still landscaping...trying to finish this year...
I am not sure if the links are allowed here, but it is how I always feel about New Year coming:

Guys, look what I found today on my best foxtail palm tree. What kind of wild creature have done this???View attachment 35656 View attachment 35657

Pix, I couldn't see your link. Do you have deer in your neighborhood? If not, my best guess would be a raccoon? Don't know.

Thank you, Karl!

Guys, look what I found today on my best foxtail palm tree. What kind of wild creature have done this???View attachment 35656 View attachment 35657

I could not open the link either. Are you out in a wooded area? Deer would seem like a good guess. I know a bear can do a job on a tree, but I would think you would see better defined claw marks. Same thing with a cougar or bobcat marking their territory, would think the claw marks would be more obvious. I thought someone had driven into it at first glance, but that would leave damage around it. There is of course the possibility of the infamous Florida skunk ape (our version of Bigfoot). My problem is armadillos which tear up everything and I can't seem to get rid of them. Maybe whatever marked your tree would like to come over and eat my armadillos. Hopefully you won't have it happen again.

So, the best guess is the buck that was cleaning his antlers? Early summer I couldn't get rid of one particular buck. I tried EVERYTHING. Finally he left me alone, but I discovered fresh foot prints just before I found the damaged palm tree. Besides deer we have everything else around: bobcats, racoons, gators, coyotes, and even white wolf is repeatedly reported to the police :) I've seen armadillos too, but the moles bother me the most so far.

...As for the link, it probably can be copied and posted, but it I do not think it means something to anyone but me. According to our traditions all unfinished business should be finished by the end of the year. So, I am busy-busy and a little stressed. I am also always hosting a New Year party.
I will post more about my crotons after the season is over :)

Happy New Year to you all!

So, the best guess is the buck that was cleaning his antlers? Early summer I couldn't get rid of one particular buck. I tried EVERYTHING. Finally he left me alone, but I discovered fresh foot prints just before I found the damaged palm tree. Besides deer we have everything else around: bobcats, racoons, gators, coyotes, and even white wolf is repeatedly reported to the police :) I've seen armadillos too, but the moles bother me the most so far.

...As for the link, it probably can be copied and posted, but it I do not think it means something to anyone but me. According to our traditions all unfinished business should be finished by the end of the year. So, I am busy-busy and a little stressed. I am also always hosting a New Year party.
I will post more about my crotons after the season is over :)

Happy New Year to you all!

Wow, you practically live in a nature preserve. Armadillos and raccoons are about all I see. Would make complete sense that it would be a buck rubbing his antlers, especially if you found tracks. At least the damage did not look severe. Have a wonderful new year as well and enjoy your party, I always fall asleep well before midnight so miss the fun. I am a complete addict with croton photos lately so I will be looking forward to seeing how they are doing on your side of the state.