Lillian Stoffregen vs Delaware, or who knows?

Perry Edge

06/07/09
A while ago, Phil had posted a photo on the croton encyclopedia of a plant he acquired which was labeled as a Lillian Stoffregen. We are asking for your input re: his photo, because we are not sure which name belongs to that picture. I'm thinking that it is not a Lillian; at first I thought it was a 2nd character leaf Delaware, but I'm skeptical now of that, after doing further research of the Delaware.

At any rate, we don't have any pictures of Delaware in the encyclopedia, so I am including two photos of a Delaware Phil gave me, which I think is a 2nd character version. We need positive identification of Phil's photo plus mine, before we move forward. Any thoughts?

P1000752_edited-1.jpg
P1000753_edited-2.jpg

Someone else out there has a big air layer off the parent plant shown above which has retained the white veining. Plant went at one of our auctions within the past few years.

Someone else out there has a big air layer off the parent plant shown above which has retained the white veining. Plant went at one of our auctions within the past few years.
Phil I think I have the plant you are talking about a very aggressive grower. My Delaware has been here for years untitled until Johnnie S. saw it about two years ago.

Could Phil's plant be a nicely marked Purity? Lamar, yours definitely looks like Lillian Stoffregen to me, and a beautiful one at that! Every time I see a photo of a Delaware, it looks different! I don't have any feel for what this plant looks like.