Jackpot in the Yard

Jeff Searle

26/08/08
DSC_1154.JPG

That's one gorgeous plant!

I know virtually nothing about Croton cultivars. What is it? Jeff, did you breed it?
Hey Harvey,
What a surprise to se you here. Jackpot is a plant that I either found in the Robert Halgrim garden OR it came out of the Thomas Edison Museum over in Ft Myers. Many years later, it's apparent that it was probably the only plant in existence at the time and was therefore saved. Thank goodness!

Hey Harvey,
What a surprise to se you here. Jackpot is a plant that I either found in the Robert Halgrim garden OR it came out of the Thomas Edison Museum over in Ft Myers. Many years later, it's apparent that it was probably the only plant in existence at the time and was therefore saved. Thank goodness!

Oh, as a native miamian of a certain age, I grew up with and love crotons.

I'm back being a local again. I seem to have developed two forum identities based upon use of my work or home addresses.

That is a beautiful plant and so different from anything else (at least anything I have). What a find. Is Jackpot the official name? Hope this is one that will be propagated and start appearing in auctions. Thanks for sharing. Karl