UNDER THE OLD OAK TREE

059.JPG
060.JPG
062.JPG
064.JPG

David,
I need to stop down and visit one of these weekends. I finished planting the batch of crotons from the auction so I am ready to add some more new varieties to my collection. I am almost done with my wish list, but there are some plants like the Cranberry and this one that I have not seen before, so I am guessing you would have plenty to choose from. I just got back from visiting my sister and now I need to work on school work for tomorrow, but will have a break for Thanksgiving next week.
Hope all is well,
Karl

Nice David, where did Cranberry come from do you know any of its history.
The mother plant is a plant that has been moved 4 times and finally ended up at my parents house in 1961 when we moved there , it was a plant at my grandmother house built in 1919 my mom was given the plant as a gift because she liked it so much she tells me and has movedit 3 times to different houses ,,finally ending up at her current house . Mom says its 80 years old , it froze down pretty bad in the 70s blown over in the hurricans ... been scaled to half dead but its still alive . thats were my cutting came from ..... as with every plant who really knows the real name.. its old and tired but i do have some cuttings . i even have a small blotched one .i was told by someone it could be a cranberry ....... yal tell me your thoughts .... quite the slow ngrower tho Thanks

The plants don't look like they were bothered in the slightest from Matthew. Beautiful selection. I can't wait to visit in the near future to see them in person and hopefully do some croton Christmas shopping. I will need to see when you are available during my break. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
I sent you a message on your phone do you have the same number..

I sent you a message on your phone do you have the same number..
Hi David,

Just happened to go online and check here real quick. My mom had said there was a message on the home phone and thought it had said King David (need to find a crown picture), but I won't be home until late and may not remember to check. We have science fair presentations this week and I have been at school from about 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. each day trying to get them all graded. It is the most overwhelming time of the year with about 50 presentations and about an hour to grade each, not to mention teaching a completely different lesson to the 6th graders. I will try to remember to give you a call very soon. Christmas break is coming up in a couple of weeks and I will have time off, so was hoping to try to set up a time to catch up with you when I have the free time and can do some traveling and garden work. If I forget to call right away don't think I am avoiding you, just a crazy time when I put life on hold for science fair and can forget about nearly everything, but hopefully I will remember as soon as I am through all of this fun. I am excited to talk soon.

Thanks,
Karl

Great photos. Saw you called and I missed it. I start my holiday break at the end of this week, so will give you a call this weekend. Planning to spend much of my time off working in the yard and can't wait to start adding some more crotons. Searching the gardens for seedlings to watch and hopefully end up with something special. Talk soon. Thanks, Karl