Seeing Some Potential Here

another looker from Kiwi seed...
View attachment 30273
getting better by the day...
Img_9130.jpg
Img_9132.jpg

This is a wonderful seedling that you have. You should name it and give some to a tissue culture lab. If you're not busy, I'm going to be in your area on Thurs. and Fri. Let me know if you have any available time to get together and talk. My cell is 323 283-5107.

Ken

View attachment 26712
This one is growing on me after planting in the ground this year. This seedling is green on the leaf topside, but the upright narrow leaf shows the underside leaf color.
Not a colorful Ti, but this one has proven to be a very fast growing Ti. Plant is now over 8' tall and I do have ripe fruit on it now.
pizap.com14320705350531.jpg
pizap.com14320706528851.jpg
IMG_9838.JPG

Random photos taken today of Kiwi offspring. They do not look like their momma.
pizap.com14320702124751.jpg
pizap.com14320703032821.jpg
pizap.com14320703758491.jpg
pizap.com14320704595891.jpg

any unwanted Ti's would have a good home with me, my collection is growing, just ordered a kiwi starter last night, after my, now very large gr. Ti flowered, ended up with no seeds, but a nice side shoot has come out where the old flower stem is, so it will have two tops!, i'm impressed with, and learning a lot from one plant!

any unwanted Ti's would have a good home with me, my collection is growing, just ordered a kiwi starter last night, after my, now very large gr. Ti flowered, ended up with no seeds, but a nice side shoot has come out where the old flower stem is, so it will have two tops!, i'm impressed with, and learning a lot from one plant!
If you are interested in seeds I will have plenty in the next few weeks. I will not need them all and will be happy to share.

sure i'd love some, let me know what you need, i bought some awhile back and got nothing going, like another shot,it's alot warmer now. e-mail me if you like.

Here is a few shots of a 'Xerox' seedling plant. I have been calling this one 'Miss Chievous'. Not a lot of color on this one, but she's so unusual with small slits near the leaf tips
pizap.com14344952596611.jpg
pizap.com14344927193371.jpg
pizap.com14344948665621.jpg
IMG_0079.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG

Wow! Stunner Scott! I think that is my new favorite of yours!
Thanks Bren! Good news on this one. I have been pollinating the flowers with pollen from the Miss Andrea that is in flower. Things are looking good on fruit set at this time.

BTW Bren. I have been calling that one Jungle Girl in my mind for about a year as it sticks out on the front side of the seed bed jungle amongst the now tall seedlings. I think I will call it 'Junglegal' from now on.

This one from 'Kiwi' seed looks a lot like the seedling 'Floppy McChic' but with a smaller leaf size.
pizap.com14530363960191.jpg

I forgot that this one always had nice color on the leaves as it had grown over 6'. Had to bring it down in height to enjoy.
pizap.com14620539056031.jpg

pizap.com14620540844981.jpg

I just reviewed this topic, and remembered how many neat new stuff you have. After just getting back from Tahiti I have a new appreciation for Ti Plants. I was amazed at how few they had there, and how without them the landscape and gardens seem to have something missing - or perhaps I became spoiled with so many here in Hawaii and my garden.

BTW - that black and yellow one above is "killer." I've always been partial to the blacks.

The good news that they are used a lot in the landscapes here, but it is the hand full of the same that can always be found in every garden center around these parts. Seek and you shall find... that is what makes collecting them fun. I am determined that I am going to my hands on one this year that I have wanted for a few years but have not located it until now. The big question is will they sell it to me.
I have over 100 logs and tops rooting at this time.o_O
Stay tuned.

The elusive 'New Guinea Fan' not found in Fl to my knowledge as I can not find it here. It looks to be a very hard one to find, but I believe it will show up in a couple of central Fl yards this year.

'Junglegal' is a interesting one. After the fruit ripened the cane was left with no leaves. All new growth was emerging from the root zone. I cut the cane into 5, 3" pieces to root. All the cut cane is pushing new growth with sprouts appearing at every old leaf scar on every piece.
pizap.com14681062197121.jpg