Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society Annual Show & Sale

Emmylou

22/05/12
The Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society will host their annual Show & Sale on Saturday, May 21st and Sunday May 22nd in the Garden House at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables, FL during regular garden hours 9:30am to 4:30pm. Billed as one of the most beautiful shows of the year, it promises to be an incredible display of rare & unusual plants grown by the society’s members and vendors who come from around the world. You will find everything from ferns, cycads, hoyas, & crotons to flowering trees, orchids, bromeliads & aroids. Don’t miss this opportunity to not only see this incredible show but also to purchase something special for your own garden from our many vendors and members. The show is free of charge after regular Garden admission.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Medusa will participate in this show in couples more

Someone needs to get together with Moose and his new "computer" and show him an easy way to post replies and photos. I think he has a tablet now and doesn't know how to easily use it with the forum.

I can reply from tablet here....but not on Palmtalk....keyboard won't popup
Maybe Moose has similar issues

Judging was held today and my beautiful Sybil Griffin air layer
Sybil Griffin.JPG
not only won a blue ribbon, but also won "Best Croton" in show. Wow! So exciting. The show is beautiful and as expected is filled with lots of great crotons. Hope to see some of you there tomorrow. Marnie

Did the judging use any sort of quantitative criteria or was it all subjective like a dog show? Always curious how different hobbies use quantitative or qualitative type criteria for their competitions. Nice croton! Congratulations.

Congratulations Marnie on your "Best Croton in Show" ribbon! Your Sybil Griffins are the parents of all of our Sybil Griffins from many years ago when you moved back to Miami. You're such a good croton grower!

Picked up some nice staghorns...shoulda broght more cash.
Good to see Reggie and Tom...Marie and Steve.
Will see Marie and Steve at their sale next weekend