COME ON SPRING ....seedlings cutting and airlayers.......

Misc Pics
028.JPG
029.JPG

I'm getting ready to plant a bunch of crotons, and I need some recommendations as to light requirements for the following:

Blotched William Jennings Bryan
Madame Butterfly
Potter's Pink Veitchii
Mosaic
Dreer #7
Commotion
Baron Franck de Solierre
Norman Rockwell
Red Banana
Baron Rothschild
West Wall
Rafael
Catherine Gephart

I appreciate your help! Thanks!
Karen

I'm getting ready to plant a bunch of crotons, and I need some recommendations as to light requirements for the following:

Blotched William Jennings Bryan
Madame Butterfly
Potter's Pink Veitchii
Mosaic
Dreer #7
Commotion
Baron Franck de Solierre
Norman Rockwell
Red Banana
Baron Rothschild
West Wall
Rafael
Catherine Gephart

I appreciate your help! Thanks!
Karen

Hi Karen! You know, I'm not an expert, but I can relate my experience with some of these. I have Madame Butterfly, Potter's Pink Veitchii, Mosaic in a few hours of morning sun and then bright to filtered shade the rest of the day and they seem to color up well. My Raphaeil and Baron Rothschild get a few more hours of morning sun and filtered the rest of the day and are very colorful, but the leaves are not as large as others I've seen. My Dreer #7 is in morning and midday sun and seems to color up nicely. That's all I know. I just experiment with lighting. This is the 'art' of croton growing, I've been told, and I think it's very much true. I tend to give my crotons more light than is ideal in others' opinions. Sometimes it works out well, sometimes not so much. I was waiting for other, more experienced growers to chime in. Hopefully some will.

Hi Karen! You know, I'm not an expert, but I can relate my experience with some of these. I have Madame Butterfly, Potter's Pink Veitchii, Mosaic in a few hours of morning sun and then bright to filtered shade the rest of the day and they seem to color up well. My Raphaeil and Baron Rothschild get a few more hours of morning sun and filtered the rest of the day and are very colorful, but the leaves are not as large as others I've seen. My Dreer #7 is in morning and midday sun and seems to color up nicely. That's all I know. I just experiment with lighting. This is the 'art' of croton growing, I've been told, and I think it's very much true. I tend to give my crotons more light than is ideal in others' opinions. Sometimes it works out well, sometimes not so much. I was waiting for other, more experienced growers to chime in. Hopefully some will.

Hi Anna – – Thanks for help! Perhaps I should have created a new thread in order to get peoples attention? Karen

Looking good David. What is the croton in post #213 with very large red leaves? Also quite fond of blotched Red Arrow and your 4th of July seedling.
It is a Angel Wing that i cant seem to find the perfect light for ... ive moved it a bunch if it gets to much sun it turns green . So ive moved it back to the shade .... the beauty of having all plants in planters . but watering is a pain ...