Some Of My New Seedlings

JoseLopez

23/12/11
The first picture is Pope Francis. The second picture is Jose Lopez No.6.And the third and fourth picture is Patagonia No.5. Patagonia No.5 was a seedling that Jerry wanted a update on one year ago.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 211
The first picture is Jose Lopez No.7. The second picture is No.8 and the last picture Indian Longhair. Keith , next time I'll be sure to include to it in the auction. thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 205
Three more :
First one is Medusa; second is Patagonia #9 and the third is Patagonia #10

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 198
Jose - GREAT looking plants!! Can you tell us how old they are?
Utterly
Yes Phil, they are about a year and a half old. I have some seedlings that I planted at the same time and are already 5 ft. Tall. Not sure the reason why this happens with some crotons!

First picture is Fuchsia Kiss. It has longer leaves, color is darker and deeper than Cornelius H.
Second picture is Primavera. This has soft, pastel colors, and it seems that it will have large leaves. The third one I named Honesty. It is not the final colors yet but it seems that it's final color will be between pink and salmon and it already has nice size leaves.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 200
Jose, Very impressive seedlings, I'm sure your your excited about growing these up. These would make very nice additions in anyone's yard.
Thanks Jeff! I'm very excited and very pleased on how these crotons are growing. Right now I'm really enjoying them and their progress.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The first seedling is called Yellow Manta. Showing nice sized broad leaves and short petioles.
Second seedling is called Rainbow. It has four vibrant colors, leaves with interruptions and the leaves are very firm.
And the third seedling is called Whisperer. It has three colors, white, yellow and dark lavender on the edges. Leaves are narrow with interruptions .

These pictures are of a seedling that I have not named yet, but I like it very much. It's about six feet tall in a year and a half. The leaves are compact, short petioles, firm leaves. It started as white in the center and it has turned a reddish purple and also purple under the leaves.
image.jpeg
T
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Brenda, first I keep the plant healthy by spraying with fish oil or water, alcohol and soap and bit of fish oil. I fertilize with low nitrogen , high phosphate and low potassium. It seems to work for me. Just be sure to use little amount of fish oil because it can burn leaves.

First picture is Jose Lopez #14. This is a pink dreadlock which is moderately growing. It has a red stem and very long leaves. It is showing that it is going to have a lot of soft pink coloring. Growing in a shady area.

Second picture is Jose Lopez #15. This croton has compact leaves with lots of indulation. It is growing moderate and gets full sun in the mornings.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg