Gold Edge Red Sister

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
Gold Edge Red Sister puts on a great color show with dark purple brown with pink leaves (14"x 3") edged in white. This Ti declines and becomes ragged in the shorter days and cooler temps of winter here in the Tampa area of Central Florida. With the return of longer daylight and high temps Gold Edge Red Sister becomes a vigorous grower and quickly returns to her glory.
Img_6168.jpg
Img_6170.jpg
Img_6171.jpg

I bought one in south florida. Never looked good for me either. I have a white edge red sister that's the same. They may be same. She's getting the boot when I need space. Canes for postage Dean!

I bought one in south florida. Never looked good for me either. I have a white edge red sister that's the same. They may be same. She's getting the boot when I need space. Canes for postage Dean!
Let's see how those 12 do for you Bren. I hope there are a few winners in there for you. Are you warmer or colder than ScotTi?

I am warmer. Extreme southern tip of pinellas county. Just right of the 275 sign on tip. He is 30 miles plus north of me. The tis are showing promise. Heat mat arrived via amazon today for a little boost

Attachments

• pinellas.gif
    pinellas.gif
    39.3 KB · Views: 241
Brenda did you have The Gold Edge Red Sister at your current location last winter?
I want to cut mine back and relocate it out of the north winds that blow thru its current location. Ken out in California also has said that it is a poor performer for him in the cool temps.
Words of wisdom: If the 'Gold Edge' gives you grief when temps cool...
Do not even try 'Peter Buck'

Brenda, Morning sun only will help or filtered sun conditions. This is one of those Ti that hates the hot sun and hates colder temps.

If my memory serves me well, I bought this plant in a home depot in south florida in 2011. I was with Jeff Anderson who was visiting from Costa Rica. We were on our way to Searles spring sale. So, I've had it awhile. I yanked & brought it from the last garden because it looked like this then. Only left behind my stunners, took the dogs. I will try moving it to a space more conducive to morning sun. Still on the chopping block for the year. Red sister in general always looks ragged half the year here. Glad to see less of them with other options for the average household.