Sick of the Mad Fox Yet?

Dypsisdean

Administrator
Staff member
28/09/07
I can't help but marvel at the form, amount of fronds, and the new red leaf. I'm glad I put three more smaller ones in a couple of years ago. I don't think I could ever have enough of these.

IMG_2516.jpg

Dean! That palm is beautiful. I'm completely unfamiliar with it too. Is it some kind of Dypsis or something else? Where did you get these? Hmm... Maybe in the next Tropicscape auction?

Thats a 3-5 frond palm in California on average.

Cracks me up that she is wearing a sweater in Hawaii. Its must be below 75f!

Dean! That palm is beautiful. I'm completely unfamiliar with it too. Is it some kind of Dypsis or something else? Where did you get these? Hmm... Maybe in the next Tropicscape auction?
It was previously identified as Dypsis marojejyi. But I have heard that it is now Dypsis coursii. However, it has not done well in SoFlo. Not sure why. You might want to check with Jeff Searle to see if he has unlocked the secret.

Thats a 3-5 frond palm in California on average.

Cracks me up that she is wearing a sweater in Hawaii. Its must be below 75f!
Hey - it's Dec - and yes, it was below 75º. :)

But - even when warmer that is her best mosquito repellant. And we are in the beginning stages of a dengue fever outbreak here with 112 confirmed cases so far.

Ah,that's right. My in laws from Miami on one of their visits here? Asked me how much a problem are mosquitoes. I sort of laughed and told him that you need water for them and I cant remember the last time I saw a puddle in town.