Fall Get Together

I know it is a bit early but I promised Ana to post some pics this weekend.I hope to bring all of these to the tour.I will have to pick my best 10.I took many good airlayers this summer.Some nice Thai type varieties
20151003_074947 (2).jpg

WOW... They are just beautiful !!!! What colors , Where the original plants from overseas? Was there an earlier thread discussin the parent plants when you got them? Just curious.... they appear quite hardy!
Do you keep original plants in pots? (I'd assume you do) ....Mark Oh, and are they named?

WOW... They are just beautiful !!!! What colors , Where the original plants from overseas? Was there an earlier thread discussin the parent plants when you got them? Just curious.... they appear quite hardy!
Do you keep original plants in pots? (I'd assume you do) ....Mark Oh, and are they named?

Thanks,I think the yellow one is called Golden Bowl,someone who came to the house has the big one on the right and he called it Apple Thai??The other is unknown to me.They are all very hardy and the plants are all in the ground and doing well.These are all pretty recent airlayers.The only problem is they are all pretty slow.

Ahhhh.... thanks so much, I did a search on the thai hybrids when you replied.... a thread about a a year ago ,
titled BEEN BUSY by Moose..... I do enjoy my Rocio.... nice varied leaf shape and great color.
How did that fellow buy 100 thai hybrids at once? Any idea? Key West being so "southermost",
and so very humid think they would do somewhat better down here?? Just curious, because I know
they're genetically fragile...... thanks for your reply! My twist and point is doing great, and I have a very organic soil after 30 years on the property........ thanks again!

Google Thai crotons and you'll find several dealers in Thailand willing to sell you all the nice, weird, unusual, and bizarre little crotons you can afford. Lots of great pics of the plants especially in their competitions. Note that they are always in pots - at least in all the pictures I've seen. Cannot recall seeing any crotons in Bangkok when I was there some 45 years ago but had others things in mind back then. The occasional cool to cold winter here in central Florida pretty much cured me of spending big bucks on these little gems. Pinellas County is not Bangkok in mid February.

I'll say!!!! That Golden Bowl in the red pot is just striking..... really nice!!!!! Even with the modest winter temps...
and our costant humidity, Wonder about our sun intensity, and dang hot summers Although with my high canopy, it's a cooling factor during the summer..... That Golden Bowl is really nice....
oh dear, here I go...... lol

He lived just East of me on Broward Blvd. I will check the house out. As I remember he got very unhappy with his project.

Dave showed me his mist house and Thai beauties after the plant sale at Fairchilds one year. He was propagating them in pure perlite. For some reason, he abandoned crotons and moved to a condo or retirement home. He had some super spectacular Thai crotons.

Three more for the auction,actually it is only two more.The pink one is a repeat photo.All of these are seedlings.The one in the back has a bright yellow new flush
20150930_163715 (1).jpg

I will coming over as Tim will be coming along, making the long trip from Key West.

Are we still sticking to the 5 or is it 10 croton limit for the auction? And for those of us coming over from across the state, are we unlimited as others were in the past? (Within reason).

And we will have a croton "For Sale" section as in the past?

Very much looking forward to seeing the garden, Phil.

As of now, I have a large, beautifully colored Major Dade I had planned on bringing. So Bren, you have a choice now. Lol.

Yes, we'll have a For Sale Section
Let's say a ten croton per person limit for the auction; if your voice starts to go as auctioneer, we can find a replacement.
I'm guesstimating about 20-25 attendees so we should not be overloaded.

This is going to be an awesome time! Thanks Jeff, I have tons of space to fill yet so will be loading up on duplicates of favorites!