Princess Ulele

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
Princess Ulele (pronounced " you-lay-lee") is a Kiwi seedling plant. This Ti has 18" x 7" leaves in green, creamy yellow with lavender/pink streaky high lights and edge aging to pink as leaf matures. This one gets a few hours of mid-day sun.
pizap.com14299786941321.jpg
pizap.com14299788370261.jpg
pizap.com14299789296301.jpg
pizap.com14299790904701.jpg

Dean, Named and unnamed ballpark figure 175 not counting any seedlings under 12" or logs now in root.

Really like the deep purple on the older, lower petioles. Great plant Scott!
Mark, This one confuses me often as depending on how the sun is hitting the plant a times it looks pink and other times it looks purple. I will be trying my hand at tissue culture on this one next year.

Thank you Dean. When spring arrives this one will be cut and propagated I figure a top cutting and 2 or 3 log cuttings. I have a garden in my mind for the Top cutting the logs are also going to go out as gifts. This one has put up a very nice ground shoot in the last few months, so I will still have a nice plant next year.

No spray needed, no problem with slugs or bugs. Once in a while damage happens from fallen palm leaves.

The Princess is a stunner! I'm going to try sluggo this weekend. I never see the little buggers but you saw the damage I had.

The Princess is a stunner! I'm going to try sluggo this weekend. I never see the little buggers but you saw the damage I had.
It may be the use of coffee grounds to the soil around my plants, or it may be the patrol of the Ibis and the cattle Egrets in the garden that keep slugs at bay.