Crotons In The Dog Days Of Summer

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
pizap.com14406080045711.jpg

I wish I can get the humor:( I've just posted that I finally have a shade in some places since it is not a summer any more...

20150824_114958.jpg

Attachments

• 20150824_115017.jpg
    20150824_115017.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20150824_115033.jpg
    20150824_115033.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 20150824_115100.jpg
    20150824_115100.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 77
The croton above was just brought down from the mainland, word has it that it is a sport from stoplight....
Do we have any collective thoughts on the topic? Mark

Scott, I love the Goldfinger and the Yellow Iceton. How much sun are they getting?
Anna, Goldfinger receives summer sun from noon until it sets in the west. The Yellow Iceton receives a couple hours of full sun. I have another Yellow Iceton in all day sun and it has the same look.

?.... ....then below the andreanum would be Roccio, candy cane, and the sunny star? Could I be right there?
Mark, This was purchased as Curley Boy a few years ago and it was discussed here that more than likely it is a newer name for Corkscrew.
IMG_0866.JPG

The croton above was just brought down from the mainland, word has it that it is a sport from stoplight....
Do we have any collective thoughts on the topic? Mark
Hey Mark, my first thought when seeing that pic was "What a nice, big Gloriosa". I could most certainly be wrong though.

Tim has such a good eye. I can definitely see Gloriosa there, Mark. I don't know why my font is slanted now. Drat, another thing to figure out. Thanks for the response, Scott. For some reason I thought Goldfinger preferred more shade. I killed one once, unfortunately, and attributed it to too much sun.

Anna, I have a lot of the green and yellow color Crotons and they all look happy in sun and shade conditions. I have yet to find a green and yellow one that is picky with sun or shade conditions.

Garden tour / auction at Scott's ? He has all kinds of plants with one of the best cordyline collections anywhere.
Moose All you Croton people would be board here. Yes I have a few but not enough for the true collector.
pizap.com14410598857541.jpg

Scott - Almost all the croton folks grow all kinds of plants. I think people put way too much pressure on themselves thinking they have to have this monster collection to host a get together. I think we look forward to any excuse to just hang out and have an auction in my opinion.

Scott - Almost all the croton folks grow all kinds of plants. I think people put way too much pressure on themselves thinking they have to have this monster collection to host a get together. I think we look forward to any excuse to just hang out and have an auction in my opinion.

Heck, We could meet at a turnpike rest stop!:D