Rabbits are eating my Tis :(

Pix

08/04/14
I dug them out and planted into the pots... This Florida is like Pandora!
IMG_1373.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1376.JPG

I think that something eats everything we try to grow. From the tiny mites to deer, pigs, and I guess if you lived in India or Africa you would have to worry about elephants.

I guess it's all relative.

I've had a nice big ti plant eaten almost to the ground by pigs - in one night. I've been throwing granular merit and cayenne pepper (that I buy in quantity at Costco) around stuff I want to protect. I'm thinking the smell of chemicals and hot spice will persuade any critters to go elsewhere. And as a side benefit, the merit keeps a lot of the leaf eating and sucking insects at bay.

Reactions: Pix
I think that something eats everything we try to grow. From the tiny mites to deer, pigs, and I guess if you lived in India or Africa you would have to worry about elephants.

I guess it's all relative.

I've had a nice big ti plant eaten almost to the ground by pigs - in one night. I've been throwing granular merit and cayenne pepper (that I buy in quantity at Costco) around stuff I want to protect. I'm thinking the smell of chemicals and hot spice will persuade any critters to go elsewhere. And as a side benefit, the merit keeps a lot of the leaf eating and sucking insects at bay.

Thanks God we do not have pigs! Yes, I am already doing cayenne pepper powder and hot pepper spray. I did not know about merit though.
See Dean, this was a General Gardening answer!

I have not (knock on wood) seen a rabbit in years around here.
This is strange. You know, I live on the little island surrounded by streets, but rabbits are breeding here! My grass was not cut for three weeks because of the workers present and I found a rabbit's nest in the grass! First I thought it was a bird's nest...then I got to learn everything about rabbits. The biggest surprise was that the American rabbits are not even closely related to the European rabbits! ...and also a marsh rabbit and a swamp rabbit are two different rabbits!