I Love the smell of rain in the morning

Native son

Esteemed Member
16/11/12
10a
just saying
image.jpg

Finally getting a nice steady rain EVENT. Blotched Lilly is loving life.
image.jpg
I just looked Blotched Lillian Stoffregen is not in the Wiki. Johnnie Shelton and I found this on on my plant about eight months ago.

Last edited:
image.jpg
No Scott Nell and I found it over in North Lauderdale in one of the really old areas it has to be fifty years old at least. This is a green sport found on the back.

It is raining non-stop for 3 days here:), Finally! My walkway cannot be finished:(
Don't worry about the walk, we need to start building a ark. I picked a really bad week to have off and catch up on outside chores. Nothing on the list was knocked off. :mad:

Even we've had a nice amount of rain finally this week. Three inches last week, and about two this week. Expecting more later I think. I can hear my plants sighing and the birds are frolicking at and around the feeders and the small puddles. Everyone looks happy. Including me! I need to stick a few penta and ti cuttings in the ground here and there.

Hey Randy, haven't seen you around these parts too much lately. Would love to see some croton photos! Please? We all need to regain some croton enthusiasm again. No photos, no longing for crotons.

Marnie, your garden looks beautiful! I wish I could see more! The crotons look so healthy and vigorous. The Zanzibar and Dolores together are gorgeous. I also enjoyed seeing your mulch. What type mulch do you use on your driveway, or in the area by the rocks. It is so natural looking and even. I love it.

Marnie, your garden looks beautiful! I wish I could see more! The crotons look so healthy and vigorous. The Zanzibar and Dolores together are gorgeous. I also enjoyed seeing your mulch. What type mulch do you use on your driveway, or in the area by the rocks. It is so natural looking and even. I love it.

"I also enjoyed seeing your mulch" Only a true gardening freak would say that!

Thanks for the nice comments Anna. Sorry the pix are so small, I'm working on that. Love that you "Gardening freaks" enjoyed the mulch. You would really love that we mulched the entire front yard. We have such a nice canopy and simply couldn't grow grass there so decided to mulch it a few years ago and have been very happy with it. We started with Home Depot mulch which has been mixed with our falling leaves (Shady-lady black olive trees) over the year. It's really great...........don't have to rake leaves which leaves more time for croton air-layers, etc.

Freckles.JPG
Freckles

Thanks for the nice comments Anna. Sorry the pix are so small, I'm working on that. Love that you "Gardening freaks" enjoyed the mulch. You would really love that we mulched the entire front yard. We have such a nice canopy and simply couldn't grow grass there so decided to mulch it a few years ago and have been very happy with it. We started with Home Depot mulch which has been mixed with our falling leaves (Shady-lady black olive trees) over the year. It's really great...........don't have to rake leaves which leaves more time for croton air-layers, etc.

View attachment 32232 Freckles

Nice Freckles, Marnie.

I guess it's the tiny shady lady leaves that give it the naturalness and regularity. Very nice. Marnie, we've done the same thing. As a matter of fact, about 90% of our garden is mulched. We have only kept a small swatch of grass on one side. We get mulch by the truckload from a tree company every time we can. My poor husband carries it around in a wheelbarrow till the 15 yards are gone! I think he secretly enjoys it.:confused:

The only photo that enlarges for me is the one with the path. Is it the kind of camera?

Anna, I was being lazy and using my phone. Guess I'll take a few with the camera when it clears. Really raining right now..........plants are smiling!

Rain, rain, rain..... and the rain continues. Here in July received just shy of 20". Today another 3" and it is still is rolling in from the west. I do not know how much more the Crotons are going to take. I noticed one wilted last weekend and a couple more this week, I am thinking root rot. It is times like this I wish I had sandy soil.

Anna, I was being lazy and using my phone. Guess I'll take a few with the camera when it clears. Really raining right now..........plants are smiling!

Oh Marnie, I wasn't complaining! I love the beautiful photos you post of your crotons and garden any way they come, believe me. Sometimes people post photos that don't enlarge and I didn't know what they were using. Now I know it's cell phone photos. By the way, I think I've learned how I can make them enlarge in case they are appropiate for the wiki. I was fiddling with it after I mentioned it to you and I think I know how to do it now. I'm becoming such a computer whiz!:rolleyes:. So please, post away!

Finally getting a few days of sporadic rain here.It looks like Tampa is getting overloaded.There is a pretty ugly looking low pressure system that should be moving ashore tonight or tomorrow.Looks like at least another several inches heading your way

I should stop complaining about the rain here. Yes it is very wet and muddy but it could be worse at least I am not flooded. First photo of mud footprints across my needs to be mowed lawn. Second photo of not so lucky bay area residents.
IMG_0671.JPG
8404654_G.jpg

Wow,when I had a look at the radar I knew you guys were going to get a soaking.Hopefully tomorrow will be the last day

Everything nice and soggy here in S. Pinellas Desert - esp nice after being in Oregon the past week; no crotons up there. However, the scenery in the Columbia River gorge is hard to beat.

Yesterdays rainfall pushed Tampa's 2015 rain to date over the yearly total avg. and we have a little less than 5 months to go. Today was drier with only .11" in my backyard.:)

I thoroughly enjoyed your “rain” photographs, and yes, even the non-Crotons ones. Not complaining but I hope you can go back and re-take the small Croton garden pix that I couldn’t enlarge on my computer… the composition is beautiful! THANKS FOR POSTING !!! :GardenLove