Summer airlayers finally ready

Bullwinkle

Esteemed Member
17/11/10
NEW AIRLAYERS.jpg

For those who like spots ,what I calling Granada up top,not certain about this one??Followed by a Cotton Candy and Bonnie's Beauty that is just starting to get its final pink color to the lower leaves.These are all pretty slow.I will post some more when I get home later,I have some nice big leafed varieties that I potted up yesterday

Looking very good Mike. I just cut a MacKenzie and Sturrock's pink today. I also potted up several last week that I harvested at the end of April. I was shocked to see that these had rooted so much in their 1 gal pots. That batch included Plaid Oak, Louis Dupoy, Milky Way, Kiss & Tell, Richard Krukonis, Pride of Winterhaven and Princess Eugenia. Most of my plants are on a bit of the dull looking side due to the complete lack of rain we have had here. I've been doing my best to help them along with daily water and ample fertilizer, but nothing brings out the real color like rain.

Looking very good Mike. I just cut a MacKenzie and Sturrock's pink today. I also potted up several last week that I harvested at the end of April. I was shocked to see that these had rooted so much in their 1 gal pots. That batch included Plaid Oak, Louis Dupoy, Milky Way, Kiss & Tell, Richard Krukonis, Pride of Winterhaven and Princess Eugenia. Most of my plants are on a bit of the dull looking side due to the complete lack of rain we have had here. I've been doing my best to help them along with daily water and ample fertilizer, but nothing brings out the real color like rain.

The lack of rain here seriously slowed my airlayers down.They usually take 3-4 weeks this time of year and some of these were on for double that time.We are really suffering up here with the lack of heavy rain.We have been getting the odd ten minute shower here and there but the usual summer 2" drench has not occurred in months.

Mike your airlayers are beautiful. Love the Mike Ferraro and the 3 spotted ones are great. Love spots! My airlayers have been very slow this summer also. I've done some Sybil Griffin, Arrowhead, Caribbean Star, Fishbone, Dreadlocks & King of Siam. Hopefully can cut more by next week. Tim, the Milky Way is beautiful and is up near the top of my wish list. We are getting a great rain right now. Yeah!

Daybreak up top,on the left John Criswick (this one gets a spectacular pink once it ages with pretty big leaves also) On the right an unknown hybrid also very pretty

Mike Ferraro above,I have huge airlayer cooking on this one.

Mike, your airlayers are beautiful! Not to be picky but to avoid potential confusion - the croton above is Michael Ferraro, a Richard Button seedling. Mike Ferrer is a pink one and I think you picked one up the last time you were here. It's a shame the names are so similar.

Mike, your airlayers are beautiful! Not to be picky but to avoid potential confusion - the croton above is Michael Ferraro, a Richard Button seedling. Mike Ferrer is a pink one and I think you picked one up the last time you were here. It's a shame the names are so similar.

Thanks Marie,we need to get this one into the WIKI.

Ha ha ha. I beat you to it. It was in the wiki yesterday as soon as I saw Marie's post, I just wanted to wait till today to say it in case there was anything else to go in. I was going to put David's beautiful Stoplight in, but then realized there's already a great photo of it in the wiki. I ended up putting my White Ann Rutherford in because it shows a plant in it's entirety that's a little more mature than the ones already in there. Marie, thanks so much for the information! Please keep sharing anything you know about any cultivars.

Mike, you've got some gorgeous, healthy-looking stuff there. I suppose you're bringing them to the next auction? If so, there's going to be some furious bidding on some of these. I've got to say that Thea is perhaps my favorite of all crotons now. She was the mainstay of my hybridizing this year and so far seems to be a great parent. We'll see in a couple of years!