ID please

annafl

Esteemed Member
Someone gifted me this nice, colorful little specimen. Anyone know what this is? It gets 3-4 hours of mid-day sun.

DSC_0832.JPG

Someone gifted me this nice, colorful little specimen. Anyone know what this is? It gets 3-4 hours of mid-day sun.

View attachment 31814

OK - poor Ana put this out here for a big whopping response. This reminds me of some old posts by Phil which he referred to as "Stump the Chump". Ana, I'm clueless on this croton, although something tells me I've seen it before and should know it. The coloration of the leaves remind me of Confetti but the leaf shape is not the same. I remain "Chumped"!

Thanks for trying, Ron. Mike, you may very well be right. I have Sturrock's Pink Veitchii and the coloration is very different, but it's under very different light conditions and it is more mature than this plant by a couple of years. The pattern of the leaf seems very close, so I think it might just be it. Thanks!

Thanks for trying, Ron. Mike, you may very well be right. I have Sturrock's Pink Veitchii and the coloration is very different, but it's under very different light conditions and it is more mature than this plant by a couple of years. The pattern of the leaf seems very close, so I think it might just be it. Thanks!

Like Ana, my Sturrock's looks different but is shaded. Ana - a practice of mine you may want to consider. All plants that I get get tagged, the source of the plant is also included on the tag (usually initials) Mike Woolery = BW, Jeff Searle = JS, Marie Nock = MN, etc ...